Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2018, 04:40 AM   #1
moandco

Winterized after Pick up

Hi Everyone!

We just purchased a new 2018 Springdale Mini and are doing our PDI on Tuesday. I imagine we will be running water thru the lines to check for leaks and make sure everything is working ok. I will then be storing it outside till we use it in May. So my question is, will the dealer re-winterize the trailer after the PDI? We are in Ohio with still pretty cool weather. Thanks!
moandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:57 AM   #2
busterbrown

I'm pretty sure they would on request as it really would take just a few minutes and a gallon or two of the pink stuff. I feel they're almost obligated to do so as the midwest is still in the late winter weather pattern. You're purchasing it at the exact time I bought mine 2 years ago. My selling dealer suggested they re-winterized at the time of our walkthrough. I said yes as it was my first trailer. Anyways, your dealer will be testing the fresh water systems prior to your arrival as part of their PDI. And remember, the PDI is for them, not you. It's a "pre-delivery inspection". On delivery day, they preform more of a "how to walkthrough" with you. Usually, they'll let you inspect the unit on your own after the walkthrough is complete.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:03 AM   #3
moandco

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
I'm pretty sure they would on request as it really would take just a few minutes and a gallon or two of the pink stuff. I feel they're almost obligated to do so as the midwest is still in the late winter weather pattern. You're purchasing it at the exact time I bought mine 2 years ago. My selling dealer suggested they re-winterized at the time of our walkthrough. I said yes as it was my first trailer. Anyways, your dealer will be testing the fresh water systems prior to your arrival as part of their PDI. And remember, the PDI is for them, not you. It's a "pre-delivery inspection". On delivery day, they preform more of a "how to walkthrough" with you. Usually, they'll let you inspect the unit on your own after the walkthrough is complete.
Great! Thanks so much.
moandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:31 AM   #4
cardinal96ss

I concur with re-winterizing as this winter has been crazy unpredictable.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
ftrupe

Picked up our trailer at the end of October in Syracuse, NY. It was already winterized, but we wanted to put water through it during the PDI. Dealer said "no problem" and then rewinterized showing me how to do it step by step. The only issue with doing the PDI in colder weather is making sure the refrigerator is working. Ours seemed to be getting cold, but when I opened it up the following April, the frig never got lower than 50 and the cooling unit nedded to be replaced.
ftrupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize