Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
Justus2

Dual pane window leaking

Its been a while since I've reached out for help.
Got my black tank valve fixed and we're all good, now its just about time to shut things down for the season (water goes off on 10/1/17).

We've got a 2014 Alpine 3010RE and paid extra for the dual pane windows.
Love the darn things, but I've noticed the emergency window in the living room (by the chairs not the couch) seems to have moisture in it. Its partially foggy. Initially I thought it was the outside or inside glass but its in-between the two layers of glass.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thank you!
Justus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe Kinrow (Lippert) made the dual pane windows. I don't have any idea how long the warranty is on them. Some of the Andersen windows in our house have a lifetime warranty against leakage between the panes. I'm sure Lippert doesn't do that, but they may have a 5 year or 10 year warranty... I'd go to the Lippert website and get the Customer Service phone number and give them a call. If that doesn't pan out, most window companies (glass companies) have the ability to disassemble, reseal, purge and reassemble dual pane units. You might want to touch base with a local glass company to see what they recommend. Heck, they might be able to fix it for you right there in their shop..... Let us know how it turns out, it'll help others who may have the same problem "next year".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #3
theeyres

I would contact a dealer or Lippert to see about warranty. However, if I understand it correctly, dual pane RV windows are not thermopane like home windows. They are not sealed with an inert gas but simply two panes with air in between. Home window sealing would simply not last with movement of an RV.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak