Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
wincrasher

HD Satellite

I bought a Winegard Slimline Travler automatic dish on Amazon. I gotta have my HD.

My dealer told me they didn't like to install these things on the roof. I'm thinking of installing it more or less as a carryout. I've got an outside satellite and cable coax hookups. I'm not too keen on having their monkeys put any holes in my new trailer anyways.

I bought a steel platform/tripod thing to mount it on. So I think all I need to do is assemble the thing and plug it in. The electronic gizmo may need to have a weatherproof box, but that's doable with parts form Home Depot.

Has anyone done something like this? One guy on the Amazon forum said he mounted his on a board and uses it tailgating. 40lb, bulky item is slightly annoying, but not too daunting for me.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
mhs4771

Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through. Have the Winegard SK3005 SlimLine mounted on the roof of our 5er. Park, unhook, hit the auto level, go inside and hit the power-up button for the dish, in a few minutes all the favorite programs are there. Winegard sells a heavy duty mounting plate (which I purchased) which distributes the dish load an makes for a very solid mounting. Have two lines run to the LR for the DVR and a third to the BR Rcvr.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote