Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
jq1031

Smile Sani-con Macerator Tank Buddy

After having a sani-con hard wired to a previous RV & using it for years without a problem I decided to purchase the Tank Buddy for my TT. It arrived today in a neat small tool box, all enclusive & ready to connect to the bayonnet end of my dump valve. It took me less that 60 seconds to connect & turn on. I power it to my portable jump battery cables. No fuss, no muss! VERY HAPPY! Also, I can dump at home into my sewer clean out connection. I've also installed a 30 AMP plug in my garage so I now have a "full hook up" set up at my house.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
smiller

Can the Tank Buddy work into a heavy duty 3/4" garden hose (say 50'), or must you use proprietary 1" hose they supply?
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
jq1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Can the Tank Buddy work into a heavy duty 3/4" garden hose (say 50'), or must you use proprietary 1" hose they supply?
There is no reason that it won't work in a 1" hose as that is the same as the hose supplied with the system. You can purchase additional hose from TETHFORD that comes with a coupler to extend the reach. I purchased the tank buddy with it's 10 ft hose (less expensive) & an additional 21ft extension hose so I can reach my home sewer clean out.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
smiller

Thanks for the reply. I would have a long-ish run so was wondering if the Tank Buddy used standard hose fittings, or if there was an adapter available to allow use of standard hoses. The web site isn't clear on this.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #5
jq1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Thanks for the reply. I would have a long-ish run so was wondering if the Tank Buddy used standard hose fittings, or if there was an adapter available to allow use of standard hoses. The web site isn't clear on this.
Just a follow up: I just checked mine & there is no threading on the TB hose, so a standard garden nose would have top be cut & inserted in the TB hose end. Not a good set up as it will most likely leak!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
Johnnyfry

Sanicom pump

I have a Sani Con pump I purchased from an outfit called "TV For My RV" fro about $200. It was much cheaper than the Thetford (they seem to be very high priced).

It has a standard hose threadon the outlet and I have used it with a 3/4 inch garden hose. It pumps very well through a 50 foot hose. The set also came with a 20 foot 1 inch hose and sewer multi fitting for a standard dump receptacle. No brief case though, I bought a plastic bin for $5.

I love it.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
smiller

OK, I found that, it's actually called 'Clean Dump' (http://www.bestrvstuff.com/macerators) and also uses a 1" hose, but per your comment I guess it also works with a standard 3/4" fitting.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
jq1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfry View Post
I have a Sani Con pump I purchased from an outfit called "TV For My RV" fro about $200. It was much cheaper than the Thetford (they seem to be very high priced).

It has a standard hose threadon the outlet and I have used it with a 3/4 inch garden hose. It pumps very well through a 50 foot hose. The set also came with a 20 foot 1 inch hose and sewer multi fitting for a standard dump receptacle. No brief case though, I bought a plastic bin for $5.

I love it.

John
I did check into other brands of macerator but always keep coming back to Sani-con although I'm sure other brands work quite well. Having had one in the past I had that comfort level with the Thetford Sani-con product. Yes, they are more costly, mine cost $256 plus the extra hose I purchased. rvupgradestore.com is a good source. Joe
Old 08-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #9
smiller

Per the website the Clean Dump system is $265 so the pricing for the two brands seems to be pretty much the same.