Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
Jens Weber

Unhappy Vinyl floor not glued down.

I am the not too happy owner of a brand new Cougar 21 TT. Bought on 5/2/2015 and picked up from the dealership (Camping World in Las Vegas) on 5/15/2015. On our first weekend trip to check out the trailer, we noticed a lot of bulges/waves in the floor vinyl, and a big one that is the entire length of the slide-out. After the weekend, we pulled the trailer back to the dealership, and the service writer looked at this and a few other issues we had that should be covered under the warranty. After having submitted the evidence to Keystone, a repair was approved, and ever since then, we have been waiting for the parts to be shipped to Las Vegas. Is it common that it takes 4 weeks or more to have parts shipped from Keystone to their dealers?
Also, I do not know how they will put a new floor in the trailer since all cabinets are mounted on top of the floor. Do any of you have ideas?
If the repair ends up being not nice looking, is there any way I can ask Keystone for some kind of reimbursment of the depriciated value of the trailer due to their lack of quality control in the manufacturing.
2022 Passport 189 RB
2014 Ford F150 XLT
Jens Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

The warranty process can take even longer depending on what parts, how quick the warranty person at the dealership sends/responds to emails from Keystone.

Floors are typically NOT glued down but secured at the edges before the walls and any interior parts are installed. Repair will depend on what Keystone authorized. I've seen patches and complete replacements. The complete replacement I was part of wasn't a Keystone trailer, but the factory allowed us to sub let the actual replacement. We removed any trim, toilet and table bases. The flooring contractor then layed a new floor trimming around cabinets and such. When he got done you wouldn't know it was cut at the edges.

I can't say if that will be what is done in your case, and if your not happy with the repair, asking for monetary compensation is probably going to prove useless IMO.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
mark1228

Remember that the entire RV industry is in peak season from the Keystone's suppliers all the way to the dealership and everyone in between so it can take some time.

Chuckster is right on. My guess is they will replace the lino just like he said.
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
theallde

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The flooring contractor then layed a new floor trimming around cabinets and such. When he got done you wouldn't know it was cut at the edges.
Chuckster: How did the flooring secure the new flooring? Just curious.

Thanks ..... Don
theallde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theallde View Post
Chuckster: How did the flooring secure the new flooring? Just curious.

Thanks ..... Don
I can't say that I remember. I was working on something else when they showed up. I think it was glued down but don't quote me on that, we did have to leave it untouched for the day/night before we put all the molding and such back in.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote