Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
Hercules1978

31SQB top flip-up bunk pulling out of wall

I have a 2 month old 31SQB that we noticed the top flip-up bunk was sagging. The stickers on the walls say 300# limit. My son's are 120# and 220#. On our last trip my oldest used this top bunk.

Unless my math is wrong, he should have been under the weight limit.

Here's a pic of the middle hinge of 3. I attempted to tighten these today and they are stripped inside the wall and will not tighten. The screws on the other 2 hinges are tight, however, and appear to only be attached to the paneling. I can pull the whole bunk out from the rear wall and watch the paneling move.

I have instructed everyone to not use this bunk for anything but holding clothes while changing.

Please check your bunk attachment points.
Hercules1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
AM1958

In my 31bhpr the supported bunk has a sticker stating the max weight as 300 pounds but the flip up bunk across from it has a sticker saying 150 pounds. Funnily enough, the salesman told me both bunks are rated for 300 pounds...

I trust the stickers. Maybe someone put the wrong sticker on your flip up.
AM1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Sherwood

I also have the 31SQB and I generally dont trust those ratings especially knowing how they build RV's. My son is 100 lbs and I really dont like going much more than that. Without knowing what those screws are screwed into behind the paneling, I wont be putting much more weight than 100 lbs on it.

Eric & Kim Sherwood
2011 Cougar 31SQB Travel Trailer, EZ-Flex
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0L
Reese Straight Line Trunnion Bar w/Dual Cam Anti-Sway
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote