Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
pakuma

Inverter/Generator

Has anybody used the Cummins/Onan 4500P or the Generac 7127 iQ3500?
I am considering one of these and would like to know of your experience with them.
Thanks
pakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
dutchmensport

Yes
Excellent experience.

Running together, I can operate both air conditioners, microwave, electric on water heater, residential refrigerator, televisions, and electric frying pan, all at the same time.

I absolutely love them.

I transport them in the back of my pick-up truck. They weigh over 100 pounds each and are near impossible for my 65 year old body to lift them. But this works very well for me:

They ARE quiet. Both of them can be running and you can be stand right beside them and still have a nice conversation without having to yell over the noise of the engines running.

Power output is great. The extended handle makes them easy to move around, and they run for hours on one tank of gas. The ONLY down side is, they are heavy.

One by itself will put out 30 amps. I also tried running my camper on only 1, and it ran the air conditioner just fine, but only 1 at a time, same as plugged into 30 amp shore power.

They come with a small trickle charger for long term storage for the battery. The remote start is really nice. And did I say, I absolutely think they are great.... And NO, these are not my first generator(s) I've owned. I've had 2 others before these. And these are definately the best. They are not cheap. They run approximately $1050 - $1200 each depending upon where you purchase them. Both of ours together with the cord to running both at the same time for 50 amp, ran us $2400 with tax and all.

They ARE worth every penny, and they ARE good!

Good luck in your decision.

Tags
generator, inverter