Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2020, 03:33 AM   #1
craigboley

Winterizing 2021 Bullet

Has anyone attempted to winterize a newer Keystone with the Water Heater bypass valve, Winterizing valve, and Winterizing inlet all up front in the wet bay? I’m having issues with my water pump sucking the antifreeze from the jugs. I’m scared that the stickers they placed on the unit next to the valve are incorrect.
(The reason I think this is possible is because the sticker WAS wrong for the water heater bypass. Off was on and On was off. My service advisor took a sharpie and corrected it.)
I’ve attached a photo of my wet bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2AA93142-2463-496B-ADB8-6B834C3CDB4C.jpg
Views:	1318
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	30577  
craigboley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:24 AM   #2
BoCox

Wet bay

Have the same setup on my 2021 250BHS and my water heater bypass was incorrectly marked. As for the winterizing port, it is correct on my TT. I haven’t winterized yet, but the other 3 ports do what they are supposed to do. Black flush/water fill/ city water.
BoCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
behrmr

If your Bullet is anything like my Cougar that winterize port for antifreeze is a problem. There is a check valve inside of it that has a spring to keep it closed and the pump suction cannot overcome that. It looks like a small "button". You need to find a way to rig it to stay open. I've seen some people will borrow the screen filter off the fresh water fill and reverse it and put it in there and that holds the button back. That didn't work for me, I had to carefully push a drywall screw and turn it an 1/8 turn to get it to hold it back enough for the pump to draw fluid. I also had to "prime" it by pouring a bit of antifreeze into the hose.
behrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #4
WVAMike

Winterizing a Bullet

I had the same question on my 2021 Bullet 250bhs. I called Keystone and they told me that if the valves are horizontal they are on. If they are vertical they are off.
I have not winterized yet but plan on do so this weekend. I guess I will see if they are right and if I have same pumping issue as you. I will say that the dealer had winterized my trailer before I picked it up ( I dewinterized it) and the tech who done the winterizing said he used the pump to get antifreeze out of the jug.
WVAMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, winter, winterizing