Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
TheLoveClaw

Generator Install

Hey Everyone,
We are the proud new owners of a 2019 Impact Vapor Lite 28v. So far we are loving the camper and using it way more than our old hybrid TT.

Our 28v came with the gen prep package, and we decided we wanted to install a generator. I bough the generator and got it all installed, but it won't pull gas. I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

I have traced the fuel lines and identified the fuel supply and evap line. When I try blowing compressed air in the supply line it just compresses in the line and blows back out when I remove the compressor nozzle. Thinking there was a check valve or something I installed the genny and assumed it would pull the gas with the pump.

Any ideas what my issue may be? I assume there may be a pinched line, but I don't see anything obvious in the fuel line run. Fingers crossed I'm just missing an easy step somewhere.

Thanks for any and all help.
TheLoveClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:27 AM   #2
gearhead

Is the tank vent good? (Assuming you are using gasoline and not LPG)
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:21 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

"When I try blowing compressed air in the supply line it just compresses in the line and blows back out when I remove the compressor nozzle"

Were both ends of the fuel line removed from the fittings?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:20 AM   #4
TheLoveClaw

gearhead - Correct, gas generator. Not sure how to check the tank vent. The evap line is good, no problems with that one. The line goes into the 3.1L evap box, comes out and goes in to the fuel tank.

flybouy - I used the compressed air before the generator was in the bay. I removed the bolts and clamps from both lines at the generator end, but didn't do anything on the tank end.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:11 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

I would remove both ends, if air flows freely then you know it's not the fuel line.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:41 AM   #6
TheLoveClaw

I was afraid of that. Was hoping there something I missed and wouldn't have to drop the fuel tank.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:51 AM   #7
TheLoveClaw

Found the problem...

Looks like the assemblers were either running low on the fuel line tubing or just cut the run too short. The fuel line was bent completely closed right out of the fitting from the tank.

The fitting is on and faces the drivers side of the TV, the fuel line runs straight over to the passenger side then up to the front of the camper, then back to the drivers side again to get to the generator bay. I was able to find just enough slack and zip tie the fuel line so it would bend instead of kink.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Happy Camping.

Tags
generator