Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
bigdave

Day/Nite Shade Broken String..

I have a day/nite shade with the string broke..any idea's on how to repair it?
bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
Ron

It is realetivly simple to fix the day and night shade. Just Google Day and Night Shade Repair and you can order the new string etc. Also there are diagrams on how to fix. Hope this helps. Happy Campin .............Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
KanTC

I recalled a previous thread... includes links to sites about repairs, etc.

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1896

Hope this helps!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
dbunn

I had the same problem in my Everest. It can be a Pain, but a little patience and the kind folks at fixmyblinds can help. http://www.fixmyblinds.com/index.html You can order free samples of string so yyou can match your size and color before ordering. Their website has instructions on how to repair. They have all the stuff you need.
dbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
bigdave

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbunn View Post
I had the same problem in my Everest. It can be a Pain, but a little patience and the kind folks at fixmyblinds can help. http://www.fixmyblinds.com/index.html You can order free samples of string so yyou can match your size and color before ordering. Their website has instructions on how to repair. They have all the stuff you need.
OK...good info here..have my shade down...having trouble with the top rail and getting the shade to slide out of it.. also I have the two string shade..I dont see a spring..any ideas?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
dbunn

I am currently deployed in Afghanistan and do not have one in front of me to reference. I remember that two screws held it in place against the wall. Removing those two screws from the top of the fram was neccesary to get the top of the frame to slide off (if I recall). Insidde that framework is the spring. The string attaches on each side of the spring going through metal loopps on each end then doubling back and pinch tyype grommets hold or "tie" the string in place. Make sure you order the grommets too. I am sorry that I cannot be more desriptive of how you get to your spring. Email me a picture and maybe I can help out more.

Dan
[email protected]
dbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 AM   #7
bigdave

Shade Fixed

Got the top rail off the shade...when they drilled through the rail for screw holes to mount to the wall, the plastic rail on the inside was mushroomed inside of the drilled hole...took a small exacto blade and cut the plastic free from the drilled hole inside the rail on the end...walla!! slides off now!..found spring and replaced string..took about and hour..got the kit from Camping World..only thing the string is white...once its on there you really cant tell...gonna hang it today!!! Made the wife happy...u guys know what im talkin about with that!!!