Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
DarnDog

Mattress topper W/Murphy bed?

Has anyone added a mattress topper to a Murphy bed?
I have an 1800RB and the stock mattress is ok but there's definitely room for improvement. This may be a challenge as it's a tri-fold mattress and I want to leave the topper in place as I fold up the bed. I know there's a little room but I don't know how much. Ideally I'd like to get the thickest one that will work.
Thanks
DarnDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
DarnDog

I need to find a store with a generous return policy. I'll buy one and try folding the bed. Obviously I won't sleep on it, I'll just see if the bed still folds up.
DarnDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #3
Smartin108

We have the same trailer and bought the Elite topper at Camping World. Great improvement but we just roll it up each morning and stow it on top of the folded mattress. No big deal really.
Smartin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #4
KSH

Costco. Can't beat the return policy
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #5
jmatteis

Sorry for reviving a thread...

Just purchased the 2018 Coleman 1925BH with trifolding murphy bed mattress. I thought it looked pretty plush, but we found we'd like a little more to it. This weekend Costco had the queen size topper on sale, so we picked it up, and were also wondering if we'd be able to leave it on folding the mattress some and the sheets on as well. I know there's room if we take it off and roll it up, but it'd be great to not have to "make" the bed every night.
Also, our dealer mentioned that you can get (he said we could make our own much cheaper) brackets that extend the latch area outwards so you can leave things like the mattress pad on and it's not as tight. Our murphy bed is not perfectly perpendicular to the floor when up, but tilted slightly in.
You can't tell too well from this photo, but you can see how it is recessed a bit.
Wondering if anyone has seen these brackets?
jmatteis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
linux3

We have the tri fold mattress kind of murphy bed.
I bought a queen size mattress topper and actually put it under the mattress, so I guess it's no longer a topper. A bottomer?
Comfy.
Anyway, the whole thing folds up fine and fits in the space.
This is what I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/Cr-Gel-Infuse.../dp/B01NBFBFBM
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #7
sadseagull

No topper problem

We have an 1800RB and have added a 3" memory foam topper from Costco on top of the trifold. We make the bed up completely - including pillows. It folds perfectly into place with only 1 addition; a strap around the wooden base and mattress assembly a few inches from the foot. Works great without any strain on any parts.
sadseagull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, mattress