Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
inzoney

Crazy week -bought three fifth wheels

Howdy, just joined this forum. Here's how I got here.

Just finished buying my third fifth wheel this week. The first one I bought in Gun Barrel City Tx. (found on Craig's list) sight unseen while we were in Lake Tahoe Ca. in a Jayco, Jay Feather 213 on the tail end of a six week trip. It was a Sunnybrook 07 Titan 34 LX 34BWHS sold as a pair with an 07 Silverado, one ton diesel dually. I had my son, back in Fort Worth, Tx., drive out to check this rig out to see if it was what I thought it was...it was. I wired the guy the money.

We got back to Fort Worth Tx. and picked them both up this past Monday. I really just wanted the pickup (perfect condition with 18,400 miles). The Titan was a great trailer but the wrong configuration for us. We needed a bunkhouse with a second bathroom.

On Thursday afternoon we traded the Titan along with a little cash for an 08 Forrest River, Sierra 316BHT. We decided overnight that we weren't going to be happy with it (had a few issues but was the perfect configuration and the price was right) and backed out of that deal.

We pulled the Titan and drove up to just across the Oklahoma border (about a two hour drive) on Friday afternoon. There we did what we really wanted to do all along but were hesitant to spend the extra cash...we traded in the Titan and bought a new Avalanche 340TG.

I actually haven't seen this unit yet either but I've done so much research and checked out other trailers that I know what it is.

So there it is. Three fifth wheels in one week, two sight unseen. Oh...and a one ton diesel dually too (also bought sight unseen). The bottom line is that I got a great deal when all was said and done. I could go into more detail but your probably bored already.

Actually the wheeling and dealing isn't complete yet because I now have my original rig, the Jay Feather 213 and a Kia Borrego (great SUV for towing a light rig) to sell.

So that's how I ended up in a Keystone forum. I'll be picking up a new Avalanche on Monday or Tuesday this week and headed up to Vegas for a wedding on the 4th.

I'm looking forward to communicating with other Keystoners.

Monte
inzoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
kenn209

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! Sounds like a very busy week!!
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
chuckretnav

where is the horse

Now that sounds like some old time horse trading to me. Good luck with everything.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
hypes5

Congrats on the new Avalanche. I bought a 340TG in May and love it. Just got back from a 10 day trip with 8 people including 2 babies both less than 9 months old and had plenty of room. Had a few problems and I am talking it back to the dealer this week to have them fixed. Hope you enjoy the 340TG has much as I have.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
NWlambear

Sunnybrook?

What happened to the Sunnybrook? What a minute..sorry...reread your post and saw the Sunnybrook Titan was traded for something else.
https://homesweethomerv.blogspot.com.
NWlambear is offline   Reply With Quote