Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you go to a RV dealership or to an electronics supply house, the LED replacements are relatively expensive. If you check Amazon.com or EBay, there are much cheaper alternatives. Keep in mind that in today's market, all LED's are manufactured in China, so when it comes to "quality for price" if you pay "too much" you still get the same product wrapped in a prettier package. Wise shopping goes a long way with LED's.....
And so goes the politics of marketing
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #22
rdrunr

I can't get the bulb out of my 2014 pendant light.

We have a 3 week old Raptor 332TS. While camping this weekend, the bulb in one of the pendant lights blew and turned black. I looked at the bulb and instantly knew that you should be about to simply push it in and turn it slightly to get it out. The problem is, you can't push it in or turn it. I even tried on the good side and could not get that one to push in or turn either.
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with these bulbs and what did you do about it?
rdrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrunr View Post
We have a 3 week old Raptor 332TS. While camping this weekend, the bulb in one of the pendant lights blew and turned black. I looked at the bulb and instantly knew that you should be about to simply push it in and turn it slightly to get it out. The problem is, you can't push it in or turn it. I even tried on the good side and could not get that one to push in or turn either.
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with these bulbs and what did you do about it?
I found the twist and turn bulbs difficult, too. Our "chandelier" over the dining table was especially hard to remove the bulbs from because the frame of the light was in the way. My solution was to use a small piece of anti-slip matting to grip the bulb (this also dispelled my fear that the bulb might break in my hand). And, remember, you have to push up while turning to release the bulb from the socket. They are very tight. I believe someone, in an earlier post, recommended using lubricant to prevent corrosion that compounds the problem.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #24
rdrunr

I got the bulbs out!

It was nothing that a little but of PB Blaster couldn't handle. I gave it a quick shot, let it set for a while and they twisted right out!
rdrunr is offline   Reply With Quote