Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
lazaras12

Please help with leak

I have a 2004 Montana 2955RL and am setting it up to use for the first time. I have been going over the machine and making sure all systems are go. I saved the water system for last.
Filled up the on board tank and turned on the pump. Heard a hissing sound from behind the computer desk. Found a flood in the commode. Turned off the pump.
Checked the water line to the commode and no leak. Turns out it appears to be the line that leads to the external shower. Found part of the line visible in the basement but the leak is above the basement ceiling. The line is buried in the wall. I tried removing the panel below the computer desk and hit... another wall.
It appears to me I will have to remove the shower assembly outside from the exterior wall. It has about 10 screws and a bead of caulk that seems to be holding it in place.
Your suggestions are welcome.

"Everything I do is either illegal, immoral, or fattening."
lazaras12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
lazaras12

Fixed

Pulled the shower body off the outside wall and found the leak. Put new lines and now all is well.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
DFreiberger

Sounds like most likely what happened was if the unit was not winterized properly. They probably did not do the shower and the line blew. Pbought it from probably knew also.
DFreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
lazaras12

My guess is the same. Just got done going over the whole rig and all is well except the one water line. I must be lucky. Everything else works as it should. Going hunting next week and will be boon docking. I plan to use the a compressor to blow out the lines if it gets real cold but the weather looks good. I expect the Artic package will work to about zero and the weather should be well above that. I will report how we do. I certainly do not need the outside shower in this weather.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

There have been numerous posts about Keystone's "Arctic/Polar" Package. I would be careful about putting too much faith in this marketing strategy by Keystone to give consumers the impression that it will protect your RV in sub-zero or freezing temperatures for a prolonged period of time. It won't.