Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2020, 06:42 AM   #21
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
We had the same issue, of course my first thought was like your, water pump bad - I had just filled the FW tank. Every other faucet worked fine, except the sink. Took the lines off the faucet, and flow through those was good. Aerator was plugged, cleaned it and have water now. Doesn't seem as good of pressure, so I need to investigate further, but definitely the sink faucet being plugged up.

Now I think I'll need to check all the other faucets and shower, because there was a lot of junk in the sink screen.
Yep, I'm doing the same
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
dwdlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:58 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdlt View Post
This is the flexible line, with the weight on it, that goes to the faucet and provides water from the mixing channel of the faucet to the faucet head....And, I'm probably using all the wrong terminology!

I took the faucet apart and cleaned it as was suggested by another member, and it was full of crud, and what looks line plastic shavings.....

I guess I could reuse the faucet and just change the line, but I just chose to change it out and be safe with it.
I would suggest flushing the line thoroughly before installing a new faucet. I'd be frustrating to do this all over again in the near future.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

You said your water pump failed and you replaced it. Those plastic shavings may have come from the fresh water tank (drill shavings from Keystone installing connections to the tank) or they may have come from the diaphragm in the water pump when it failed... Either way, there's no "filter to stop shavings" from going to all the other water outlets. So, the bathroom faucet, the toilet connection, the shower faucet and the outside shower/kitchen faucets are also "subject to those plastic shavings"....

While those faucets and valves (in the toilet especially) may be "flowing great" right now, if you get a piece of plastic in any of those valves, you may wind up with a failure when you least want it... like the start of a long 3 day weekend when the toilet won't flush or won't stop running....

I'd suggest that since nobody is traveling or towing right now, if you've got time to clean the rest of the faucets, now is a great time to prevent future problems.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Also, if you primarily using the fresh water tank I'd suggest using a filter to fill it and installing a screen on the pump.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Also, if you primarily using the fresh water tank I'd suggest using a filter to fill it and installing a screen on the pump.
If your pump is a FloJet pump with the blue "locking tabs", this is probably the "wisest investment you can make. Easy to install, reliable and stops all of the "plastic shavings" in one place before damaging the water pump diaphragm or clogging up the faucets....https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-017403...6453363&sr=8-3

If your water pump has the screw on fittings, you can buy this one and cut the 1/2" FW supply line to the pump and install it "before the pump"
https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-017400...6453228&sr=8-4

There are alternative filters available. I'm not endorsing either of these products, but I have the "blue locking type" on my FW system. It's 6 years old and never a problem...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flojet strainer.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	26209   Click image for larger version

Name:	flojet strainer alternative.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	26210  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-12-2020, 07:19 AM   #26
bbells

I hear this one all the time. It is a simple fix. Unscrew the aerator at the end of the faucet and clean it. You will now have a good flow of water.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:14 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbells View Post
I hear this one all the time. It is a simple fix. Unscrew the aerator at the end of the faucet and clean it. You will now have a good flow of water.
The OP cleaned his aerator and then installed a new one on the faucet
before even posting his thread. It didn't work. The clog was under the faucet, in the small hose that goes from the mixer valve to the faucet throat.

Cleaning the aerator is a "good first step" but he's waaaaay beyond having done that without any improvement in water flow. His problem was "under the faucet, not at the aerator.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-12-2020, 08:32 AM   #28
skmct

Flauset replacement

You can use a standard home store flauset if you change out the supply hose ends. If you don't have the crippling tool . Shark bite fittings work they are a little pricey but worth it.
skmct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #29
larryflew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If your pump is a FloJet pump with the blue "locking tabs", this is probably the "wisest investment you can make. Easy to install, reliable and stops all of the "plastic shavings" in one place before damaging the water pump diaphragm or clogging up the faucets....https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-017403...6453363&sr=8-3

If your water pump has the screw on fittings, you can buy this one and cut the 1/2" FW supply line to the pump and install it "before the pump"
https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-017400...6453228&sr=8-4

There are alternative filters available. I'm not endorsing either of these products, but I have the "blue locking type" on my FW system. It's 6 years old and never a problem...

I have the lower one and also 6 years. It has filtered out a dead pump and a dead water heater. Water heater left enough rusty crud to need the lines upbto the filter flushed but nothing got through to any faucets.
larryflew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:17 AM   #30
Alermon32

'There probably in no check valve in the water system. By "no water at the kitchen sink" I suppose you mean hot and cold sides ?? If so, and if there's no water flow with the aerator removed from the faucet, then I'd guess that you've got some "failed pump debris" that flowed through the lines and is "damming up the inlet connections" on the bottom of the faucet valves.'
Yep, I have exactly this problem. Anyway, I just replaced all the system. (btw, it was pretty ild and it needed replacement).
Alermon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:24 AM   #31
wiredgeorge

Alermon32, This thread was last posted to in April. Not sure any of the originals are watching as most haven't been on the forum for quite awhile.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink, water