Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #1
craigboley

Aftermarket Electric Fireplace Install?

Has anyone attempted to install an aftermarket in/under-cabinet 1400-1500w electric fireplace?

If so, did you install dedicated wiring to an open circuit in the breaker panel or were you able to plug it right in with no issues (assuming there wasn't much else on that same circuit)? Thanks in advance!
craigboley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:23 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

You are looking at 12 amp draw if the thing is on highest temp setting so I would consider a dedicated 20A breaker.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:37 AM   #3
LewisB

I think these fireplaces come as "cord & plug" appliances - that is, the power cord has a standard 3 prong plug on the end. Was the fireplace an option for your model of TT? If so, you might remove the panel where you plan to install the fireplace and see if the factory included a "hidden" receptacle for plug-in power. If it's there, just plug in - if not, I'd set it up that way (with its own receptacle) for easy maintenance/removal/replacement in the future.

Hope that helps.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
rhagfo

Been there done that, I installed two 20 amp duplex outlets in the basement of our 5er. One behind the void that we were planing for the fireplace, the other on the other side of the access door.
Would use for plugging in chargers for cordless tools. Now the fireplace in in one of them. Both GFIC 20 amp outlets on 20 amp breakers with 12 gauge wire.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
Newbie 26RLS

I installed under my 2019 Keystone Hideout TV in the small cabinet after removing doors. Cut hole thru the cabinet inst'ld hole grommet and plugged in at TV receptacle. Yes, draws amps, but only for emergency heat and then won't be using A/C or possibly microwave at the same time. Really nice ambience while watching TV, eating, etc. Draws low amps in LED log flickering mode. Under TV cabinet was useless except for maybe some CD, DVD's.
Newbie 26RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #6
mgreene

We done the same in our Springdale. Had 4 cabinet doors under the tv so I removed the 2 center doors, installed fireplace and drilled 1 hole in the cabinet interior roof to access area behind stereo. Already had a hole with plastic protector in top side from the factory with a wires that feed from tv to dvd/radio so come threw there and plugged in the tv receptacle! We have run it a fair amount with no issues! Only thing to look for in my opinion is the timer length for the unit your looking at. A friend has one that has a max time of 5 hours I think which is perfect to cut off in the middle of the night and freeze you if your depending on it running all night! I didn’t find any that didn’t have the timer, just different lengths you could set them for! Good luck!