Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
Brantlyj

Used A/C unit

After the Derecho there have been an influx of people parting out their campers.

Guy has a 2018 that blew over. Selling the a/c for $475. Providing there is no physical damage and it turns on and cools properly would anyone have any reservations buying it? Would love to set a bedroom unit on the cheap.
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:10 AM   #2
ewbldavis

Only concern I would see is no warranty. If you're good with that and can save 50%, go for it!

Maybe see if it's still on unit that you can test it...

Edit: I'd negotiate price, too. Maybe more like $300:

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Colem...iABEgLQv_D_BwE

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantlyj View Post
After the Derecho there have been an influx of people parting out their campers.

Guy has a 2018 that blew over. Selling the a/c for $475. Providing there is no physical damage and it turns on and cools properly would anyone have any reservations buying it? Would love to set a bedroom unit on the cheap.
I ordered a new Dometic Brisk II a few months ago. It arrived on FedEx Ground. Took it out of the box and the metal base was bent from the weight of the compressor when the box was obviously mishandled, not to mention a couple dents in the corners of the metal base. So if that trailer blew over, the compressor weight can distort/bend the metal base when the sudden stop of ground came in contact with the side wall. Make sure the base is good. Otherwise everything else is going to be unaligned and you'll have issues.

(bad one was returned, I ordered a different one from PPL instead and it came on a pallet, the right way!)
Old 11-14-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
Badbart56

When I added two A/C's to my toy hauler I called PPL in Texas to order the Coleman Mach III's to match what I had. They sold my two "scratch and dent" units (15000 watt), one for $375 and the other for $345 IIRC. Both had a two year warranty. Only issue I could see is the plastic cover on one of them seemed a little distorted. Can't see it from the ground! They have both worked flawlessly since 2016. Shop around!

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote