Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2020, 07:13 AM   #1
Smiggle

Led Lights In Cougar Half Ton

We are going to boondock next week in Shenandoah National Park, and are trying to figure out what draws the most power. We pulled off a cover of a ceiling light and think that it's an LED light.... is that true? We can't find anything in the manual.
We replaced the lights in our previous TT (2013 Bullet) with LED lights. so we know how easy that is.
We also replaced the battery during this process; found that we had abused it by leaving it in during winter storage.
We have battery powered lanterns that we'll use so there won't be much need for light.
Thank you.
Smiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:18 AM   #2
Maineiacs

2018 Cougars are all LED equipped.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiggle View Post
We are going to boondock next week in Shenandoah National Park, and are trying to figure out what draws the most power. We pulled off a cover of a ceiling light and think that it's an LED light.... is that true? We can't find anything in the manual.
We replaced the lights in our previous TT (2013 Bullet) with LED lights. so we know how easy that is.
We also replaced the battery during this process; found that we had abused it by leaving it in during winter storage.
We have battery powered lanterns that we'll use so there won't be much need for light.
Thank you.
How can anyone tell you if you have LED bulbs when first, we have no idea what trailer you have, and you did not post a picture of the lamp. If you go up to the top of the page and click on UserCP you can add your trailer year, model, truck year model in your signature. That will help you avoid the 20 questions every time you post a question.

What kind of battery ?(size, true deep cycle or marine battery) If you are going to use your furnace that will be the largest user of 12v dc. The fridge and water heater will use 12v dc while running on gas and the CO and LP detector as well as the radio memory will draw 12v dc current. So will a remote control system for auto leveling or slides etc. but as you didn't share what camper you have we also don't know that.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #4
Smiggle

Thanks to both of you.
Maineiac, I hoped it would be that easy a response...
Flybouy: Thanks also for the advice about adding to my profile. I would like to make it easy for you helpful folks to know what my trailer and truck specs are. We've had this tt for two years, but haven't gone without electricity until now. We have a honda generator and will use it on this trip.
The old battery was a marine and we replaced it with another marine.
We're going to camp in Loft Mountain Campground in Shenandoah, and we'll be in the generator section where we can use it about five hours a day....which will be enough.
Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:14 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiggle View Post
Thanks to both of you.
Maineiac, I hoped it would be that easy a response...
Flybouy: Thanks also for the advice about adding to my profile. I would like to make it easy for you helpful folks to know what my trailer and truck specs are. We've had this tt for two years, but haven't gone without electricity until now. We have a honda generator and will use it on this trip.
The old battery was a marine and we replaced it with another marine.
We're going to camp in Loft Mountain Campground in Shenandoah, and we'll be in the generator section where we can use it about five hours a day....which will be enough.
Thanks again.
You may be in for some cold nights. It should be a beautiful display of foliage up there this time of year. With judicial use of the water pump and the daytiome charging I'd think you should be fine.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, led, light, lights