Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2020, 03:02 AM   #1
gwilkrrs

2007 cougar parts

sounds dumb- I have searched to little avail.

replacement parts- yes I understand most are interchangeable but specific parts like skirt metal? the lower metal panel is damaged and looking to replace. front docking light lens is broke- the roof to siding trim has distinct shapes.....

any idea where to search for more specific parts?
gwilkrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:37 AM   #2
maccam1

just had my skirt panel damaged from a tire blowout
the repair shop is ordering it directly from keystone.
maccam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:38 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

I have a 2002 Cougar and have not had issues finding parts. eBay, Amazon, etrailer.com, pplmotorhomes.com, etc. Stuff like the light, remove the lens and see who made it and use google to find your new lens. If you can't just install a new light fixture. Not sure what "skirt metal" is but you won't find it unless Trekwood.com has it (they sell Keystone parts) so maybe an autobody shop can help. As far as the roof to siding trim, measure and check the part sellers I mentioned for similar.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:34 AM   #4
Canonman

Here's another place for parts. Colaw RV Parts. https://colawrvsalvage.com/
They have both new and used parts and can order from Keystone as well.
Very helpful when I've used them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL5802.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	29860  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:46 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

You can even buy it on Amazon, shipped to your door, or maybe even delivered by drone ??? https://www.amazon.com/ICON-J-Panel-.../dp/B00U7TIZII
https://www.amazon.com/rv-aluminum-t...+aluminum+trim

Front cap lights are NOT a Keystone produced item. ALL (every one) of them are produced by an "automotive electrical supplier" such as Petersen, Optronics, Bargman, etc. There's a "bazillion" different styles and the ones used on your trailer may no longer be produced... If you can't find them, "improvise"... Any larger light that fits would work. Buy enough to do both sides so they stay "matched".... Here's one source for a large variety of light assemblies: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=12986
Also, there is a "sticky" in the forum Repairs and Maintenance section that has "hundreds of RV parts suppliers" listed by category: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=12986

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:07 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You can even buy it on Amazon, shipped to your door, or maybe even delivered by drone ??? https://www.amazon.com/ICON-J-Panel-.../dp/B00U7TIZII
https://www.amazon.com/rv-aluminum-t...+aluminum+trim

Front cap lights are NOT a Keystone produced item. ALL (every one) of them are produced by an "automotive electrical supplier" such as Petersen, Optronics, Bargman, etc. There's a "bazillion" different styles and the ones used on your trailer may no longer be produced... If you can't find them, "improvise"... Any larger light that fits would work. Buy enough to do both sides so they stay "matched".... Here's one source for a large variety of light assemblies: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=12986
Also, there is a "sticky" in the forum Repairs and Maintenance section that has "hundreds of RV parts suppliers" listed by category: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=12986

All the outside incandescent light fixtures on my camper were originally made by Bargman... while his is a couple years newer, I found the name on the plastic and was able to get a couple exact matches. A light up by the front storage under the pinbox had a cracked lens and I found the same exact fixture and just used the lens... Bargman. Would you call this light a "docking light"?
Old 09-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

George,

I "think" the OP is asking about the 3" round, flat "docking light" that has 6 LED's embedded in it... That light fixture was made by JR Fabrications (I think)...

Keystone used it on many of their Cougar XLite (eastern) and Half-Ton (WE) models for a couple of years, then transitioned to the LED accent lights (14" LED strip lights) in later years... The strip lights were imported by several "light companies" and it's anybody's guess which "lowest bidder" Keystone contracted with for those fixtures, but, they are available from multiple "aftermarket sales outlets" including Amazon, EBay, e-Trailer.com, Trekwood or nearly any RV dealership.... You just have to take the time to keep looking, find a knowledgeable "RV parts person" or get "keyboard calluses" on your fingertips...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
George,

I "think" the OP is asking about the 3" round, flat "docking light" that has 6 LED's embedded in it... That light fixture was made by JR Fabrications (I think)...

Keystone used it on many of their Cougar XLite (eastern) and Half-Ton (WE) models for a couple of years, then transitioned to the LED accent lights (14" LED strip lights) in later years... The strip lights were imported by several "light companies" and it's anybody's guess which "lowest bidder" Keystone contracted with for those fixtures, but, they are available from multiple "aftermarket sales outlets" including Amazon, EBay, e-Trailer.com, Trekwood or nearly any RV dealership.... You just have to take the time to keep looking, find a knowledgeable "RV parts person" or get "keyboard calluses" on your fingertips...

Thanks for the clarification... ain't no stinkin' LED lights in my camper! Well one; just replaced the cheesy little florescent shop light over the kitchen sink. The original bulb was 8W and could only find 15W and when the cover disintegrated through age, did replace it with an LED which is also a 15W but has a nice cover to take off some of the glare. If I could have found an 8W bulb for the old fixture, it would still be there but it seems they are going the way of the incandescent bulb.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:51 AM   #9
gwilkrrs

thanks for the amazon link to abs skirting- I will look into that.
as for the docking light- yes I need to replace the light itself but 1 (left) lens is cracked. see the lower cap corner in pic. this is a specific lens cover for this trailer with a distinct shape not a typical lens cover for a light.
the metal angles I have found in straight lengths but not any of the curved trailer specific ones for this trailer(like front cap to siding)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1555.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	29926  
Old 09-21-2020, 04:17 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

Getting an oddly shaped limited number produced new lens may be impossible. Finding a used one would be difficult and it would likely be just as old, just as faded and just as brittle.

My suggestion is to look to the folks that make automotive restoration parts. There are companies that laser scan parts then 3 D print them. Won’t be a $5 part but you can get it.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:46 AM   #11
wiredgeorge

I think the trim you mention is aluminum and intended to be bent a bit around rounded areas. I don't think any trim I have seen is some specifically pre-bent conformation.

Could this be the lens you are looking for (doesn't look amber).
https://www.trekwood.com/products/55...Cover-RH-Clear
Old 09-22-2020, 02:29 AM   #12
gwilkrrs

that's it! thanks I looked thru that site but must have skipped or missed that.
I will need to re roof or patch an area from the PO and have noticed lots of silicone caulk that needs removed. I haven't gotten too close to the trim for details but assumed they were prebent to follow the design. thanks.

Tags
cougar