Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #1
Kopy kat

Auto level off??

My six point auto level says it’s successfully leveled, but with two manual bubble levels they both say that the front and or front-left needs to come up a bit...is this a problem?

I placed the bubble levels on the floor, the counter, the table and the shower floor...all locations showed the same half-bubble off of center.

When I used my iPhone bubble level app, it shows completely level...go figure!
Kopy kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
bsmith0404

The auto level needs to be calibrated. Go into manual mode, get the trailer level and then store the new setting. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but if I remember correctly, to store, you turn it off, then press up 10 times, down 10 times then turn on. It’s been a couple years since I’ve had to recalibrate mine. I just call Lippert tech support for the procedure when I do it, my memory is t that good to recall exact steps of something I do once every 2-3 years

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:49 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

If you rotate the bubble levels do they still indicate the same? I used to use a 6' carpenter level and now I use this

https://www.campingworld.com/dw/imag...sh=1000&sm=fit

I don't endorse or represent CW, pic just for reference. there is a procedure to reset "zero point" if it is truly off.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:51 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
The auto level needs to be calibrated. Go into manual mode, get the trailer level and then store the new setting. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but if I remember correctly, to store, you turn it off, then press up 10 times, down 10 times then turn on. It’s been a couple years since I’ve had to recalibrate mine. I just call Lippert tech support for the procedure when I do it, my memory is t that good to recall exact steps of something I do once every 2-3 years
Depends on which panel he has outside. If he only has the small one then he will need to go inside to the LCI panel. choose leveling, and then go to the ADVANCED features, you will be guided to the procedure to reset zero. It sucks when they keep changing stuff and us techs have to "figure it out"

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

I wouldn't trust a bubble level myself. I keep a 2' level in my pass thru. It doesn't take up much space and you can get one for a pretty reasonable price.I have installed the Level Mate Pro system but still occasionally check it with the 2' carpenters level.

I'd confirm the trailer level with something better than a bubble level before making any adjustments.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #6
travelin texans

If it's absolutely critical that is must be within a gnats a## of being perfectly level they sell digital levels that will tell you within a .001 degree of level.
I've always figured they've built buildings for a 100 years with bubble levels so one of them will get my rv close enough that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless I spill my bag of marbles.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If it's absolutely critical that is must be within a gnats a## of being perfectly level they sell digital levels that will tell you within a .001 degree of level.
I've always figured they've built buildings for a 100 years with bubble levels so one of them will get my rv close enough that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless I spill my bag of marbles.
Like the one I linked to. It works GREAT and has been part of my regular tools for the last 6 or 7 years. and its a snap to recalibrate if needed. I have had to once in all the years I have had it.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #8
LHaven

A lot of people don't realize that their smartphone comes with quite a nice level. On an iPhone, it's inside the Measure app. Don't know where in Android except that there is one.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:22 PM   #9
CedarCreekWoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The term "bubble level" means different things to different people. The flat thing with circles and a bubble is not as accurate as a quality carpenters level.

To the OP, you need to manually level and recalibrate as described above.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:44 PM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

To the OP is the bubble level you're referencing a "bullseye" level like this? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kapro-1-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or a "carpenters" or "box" level like this? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-24...-206109403-_-N
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote