Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
bowengjr

raptor 300mp

Hello everyone! I've been looking on this site for a month or so.. And have decided to buy a new raptor 300mp, my delivery date is this Wednesday April 28th. I can't wait to hit the road! I have also downloaded the PDI Form for the inspection that looks to be real helpful, thanks for all the info!

F-250 Diesel LB
George,
bowengjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Firecapt

bowengjr,

Definitely follow the PDI to the letter no matter how long it takes. Refuse to sign any paperwork that completes the transaction until you have completed the PDI to your satisfaction and arrived at a written agreement to fix any deficiencies.

For us, what worked, was to have my wife check all of the "fit & finish" stuff, ie. cabinets, doors, exterior & interior appearance, etc.. I checked the systems and overall mechanical worthiness.

Just as the PDI says, try everything! When you show up they should have the unit hooked up to water, electricity and (yes) sewer. Run water at all sinks and shower, flush the toilet several times. Then drain all tanks to insure that everything works. The refrigerator should already be on (running on AC) switch it to gas and open the door (to raise the inside temp) see if the gas kicks-in. Try the heater and water heater. Etc., Etc., Etc.

I realize this sounds like overkill but unless you have stumbled on a dealer who sits at the right hand of God than it is good advice to cover yourself. This is much more involved than buying a new car (something most of us have dealt with). You are buying a house on wheels and everything about it needs to be checked to insure its' serviceability. Too many dealers just want your money, will promise you anything, and deliver very little or will stall all repairs forever.

We were lucky! Our 5er had only one small problem and it was fixed before we left the lot (and signed the sales agreement). Our dealer is really very reliable and honest but we learned this over time, with add-ons after purchase and warranty repairs, not at the outset.

If you are a first time RV'er make sure you clearly understand all the systems and how to use them before you leave the lot. Your dealer should be more than happy to spend the time with you until you are comfortable with everything!

I hope this helps, and again, while this may sound rather anal, it will save you many, many problems in the long run.

2007 Ford F-250 Superduty Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS
Frank, Martha, & Ryan

"Happy Trails to you 'till we meet again"
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Firecapt

One site for several types of checklists including the PDI is:

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/

2007 Ford F-250 Superduty Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS
Frank, Martha, & Ryan

"Happy Trails to you 'till we meet again"
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
beemerguy

Do like Firecapt says, I go pickup my 300MP Monday and hope ever thing is working OK.
Have fun,enjoy
ron
beemerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
Flyguy

You can also find a PDI on this forum on my homepage, click on flyguy in the upper left of this post and follow the menu to my homepage, then on the opening page look for the PDI file and download it, any questions, just ask, or just click on this link: http://www.eaa1358.com/Passport/Pre-...0Checklist.pdf
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
Mij

Good Luck!
Mij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
Mij

Where can I find these PDI inspection sheets at?
Mij is offline   Reply With Quote