Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #21
azlee56

hmmmmm. don't know but I do know horses and dogs ages. I tried to find out though but got to laughing at what google found when I typed it in.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #22
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
How would you translate Festus' age from metrics?????
Hank -

I think one would have to divide by the square root of 3.

But that's just a guess.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
Festus2
Site Team

Bad Hair Day

Read this and don't believe a word of it....

I am always amazed how some folks have nothing better to do with their time than to poke fun at other people - in this case "me". Why is everyone so fascinated with my age? Apparently, some are so taken by it that they have stooped to trying to convert it to a metric equivalent and others have compared it to geological formations.

For a moment, I thought that one of my respected and esteemed fellow Moderators would distance himself from all this nonsense. But no, he couldn't resist to join the others in their verbal bullying. Should I be surprised? No.

Trying to look on the positive side of all his humiliation that I am being subjected to, it appears as though it is providing a laugh for some other members who stand idly by cheering on these bullies. So, in that sense I take heart in that I am making someone out there feel good.

I want "you all" to remember this. Canadians, both metric and non-metric, are a quiet, polite but a tough bunch. We are used to turning the other cheek - when we are wearing shorts that is. I have left no cheek unturned and; like my socks, my patience is wearing thin. So, what is a person left to do?

I could issue warnings to "you all" and if you don't cease and desist, ban you for a period of time for being disrespectful to a fellow member. Are you listening azlee56, Ron, Hank, John and your other cohorts? I could close the thread. On second thought not a good idea at all! Or I could say, "bring it on" but what would new members and others think about not only this thread but also the forum?. And this is an RV forum? Here we are --- 3 pages into a thread and not one mention of anything at all related to an RV!

Even though I am having a bad hair day, at least I do have hair - most of which is brown. Make fun of me - go ahead. I'm old enough to know better than to make fun of others and that we should show some respect to our elders. Now, to take my tongue out of my cheek.

PS -
Please don't take anything I said here seriously............ no one ever does.

I
Old 06-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
Hank -

I think one would have to divide by the square root of 3.

But that's just a guess.

Ron
Why by the square root of 3???? Oh I get it: Dog's ages, Horse's ages and "Festus' ages" Hmmmmm

Sorry Festus, the "devil made me do it"

and... FTR: I NEVER asked what color anyone's shorts were..... Just socks <wink>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
geo

Now, I do believe I can speak for all of us, including a certain moderator, in saying that we all do respect and love you, Festus2! To try to smooth things over, I would dare say many of us are suffering from a form of "spring fever" - all of us are "raring to go and get out and camp"! I believe that a true compliment paid to you by azlee56 lit a spark of silliness and buffon camaraderie that proved too powerful for any to resist.

After all, even I have received some of Hankpage's humor:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6485
and I seem to remember, even yours!

And I have a feeling that you too need to have some relief from the everyday, and so I would like to believe maybe you might be presenting some mock feeling of being offended. I truly hope so, because I also believe that no one on this Forum would intentionally do anything to offend or hurt another Forum member. Besides, I'm jealous because my hair lost its natural hazel brown tint some 32 years ago!

But just in case, let me say that we all apologize if we have presented ourselves as bullies. No harm was intended and no olive oil was involved.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
Old 06-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #26
Festus2
Site Team

Geo -
You should know by now not to take anything I say too seriously, eh. What I wrote was in jest, eh. Offended? Certainly not, eh. Silliness and camaraderie, like chicken soup, are good for the soul. Now, stop apologizing and get back to your computers!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
azlee56

Wink

WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I was for sure I was being sent to the corner or the principles office!

shoot! now I brought my own memories of standing in the corner holding an apple to the wall with my nose (she was a mean teacher, but got the point across sniff sniff).

Hey I have to do something, I am fighting an automechanic guy that wants to charge me 1200.00 to change out my ac compressor on my buick.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #28
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Geo -
You should know by now not to take anything I say too seriously, eh. What I wrote was in jest, eh. Offended? Certainly not, eh. Silliness and camaraderie, like chicken soup, is good for the soul. Now, stop apologizing and get back to your computers!
But did you divide your age by 1.732 to find out how old you would be in North America?
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #29
f6bits

I’m *so* glad that I wasn’t mentioned by name in Festus’ naughty list.

But I’d have to say that this seems to be the appropriate forum since all the “odds” are in here and talking about turning the other cheek (the “ends”).

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
azlee56

Cool

thought I better do this just to make sure we keep a bit of decency (snicker).

fifth wheel RV, fifth wheel rv, tow trailer, tow trailer,

fifth wheel RV, fifth wheel rv, tow trailer, tow trailer,

fifth wheel RV, fifth wheel rv, tow trailer, tow trailer

there!!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #31
hankpage
Site Team

So Festus2 ... since I have been scolded .... I guess it's time for this cowboy to just ride away into the black and white sunset. ....... But I still don't understand how 55 down here turns into 88 up there ...... I'm almost afraid to cross the border and instantly turn REALLY old.

azlee56, Thanks for the idea so. ............. I'll end with a black water dump valve.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #32
Festus2
Site Team

Hank -
It's really quite simple. 55 mph in the US is roughly 88 km/hr up here. The conversion for age is the exactly the same as changing mph to kph - multiply by 1.6. If, for example you are a 55 yr old in New Jersey, and came across the border to beautiful BC, you would be an 88 yr old. (55 x 1.6 = 88). If you are too young to qualify for your Old Age Pension in the US - or whatever you call it - then move north to Canada. Shall I make inquiries for you at our local Senior Care Facility?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #33
2011 keystone

So if i move to BC I can retire now??????????????
I wil be Packing in the am.
IF I stay here I will be working for at least 20 more years
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #34
hankpage
Site Team

X 1.6 ........ better just get me a hospital bed and lots of prune juice.

I think we have solved the riddle of the "Fountain of Youth" and why so many Canadians come to Florida every winter. They get younger when they cross the border.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
hankaye

Howdy All;

I'll Not post any disparriaging remarks ...

hankaye

PS. I was "LIMITED" to only 4 images... The missing 3 are there in 'sprit'

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #36
azlee56

LOL the blackboard writings. Good thing it isn't a double black board. I'd forgotten that punishment of my youth.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #37
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlee56 View Post
LOL the blackboard writings. Good thing it isn't a double black board. I'd forgotten that punishment of my youth.
Memory Lane .......... I was told to sit behind the piano until I was ready to not disrupt the class ........ needless to say, the janitor found me there while my mother was franticly searching all over town. Today, the teacher would be fired and the school sued. I was made to apologize to the teacher and I don't think I could sit down for a week. Come to think of it .... I think I made a comment about how old the teacher was. "Déjàvu, all over again."
Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #38
azlee56

HA!! yeap, back to the age (snicker) old question. You are right the school would be so busted now. Back then if you did something like that not only did you have to apologize, your parents were so worked up that the punishment became about triple because "you just didn't stop and think". Worked for me, I learned it was easier to think first. If I decided to do it anyway then whatever it was must be bigger then the punishment. It was kind of hard to punishment, it was ok that is fine and I'd be happy anyway.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #39
hankpage
Site Team

azlee56, I am glad you learned your lesson .... I apparently did not.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #40
chuck&gail

I just don't get the bit about socks. If you're wearing proper western boots, nobody can SEE your socks. Puts an end to pairing up socks from the dryer also.

This is about RVing, cause I wear boots when driving.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote