Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2022, 06:32 AM   #1
98xlt98

Differences between a 230TRS & 240URS?

I know the specs say the 240URS is 1'-3" longer, but the layout diagrams for both look the same. Can anyone give me some input?
98xlt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:00 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Outside kitchen seems to be one difference. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

From what I can see, the 230TRS was last produced in 2015 and the 240URS is the "replacement floorplan"... If you get into the "skeleton of the trailer" (frame, running gear, suspension, tires) 2015 trailers were built under the previous "tire/suspension requirements" (no/limited tire reserve capacity, smaller brakes, axles, etc). It was around 2018 when RVIA recommendations of increased tire load capacity and changes in braking, improved performance started to appear in "ultra-lite trailers"....

So, many/much of the differences will be "well hidden from all standard/optional equipment lists in brochures. I believe, but can't find a detailed reference to support it, that the 230TRS was built on a welded Lippert frame and the 240USR has always been built on a BAL NOCO "huck bolt" frame... But, I can't say that with a reference to back up the statement. So, do some research into things like axles, frames, hubs to start your comparisons of the two trailers....

There's a lot more than just 1.5 feet of difference.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:00 PM   #4
Beernutzbob

Just eyeballing it, the extra 1 foot of the 240urs appears to be in the bunkroom. Otherwise the layouts look very similar.

Our 240urs didn't come with the outdoor kitchen, it has an outdoor shower in the same location instead, but some 240urs do have that kitchen.
Beernutzbob is offline   Reply With Quote