Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #1
wegone

UPDATE to my axle whoa....

Refrence: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=50476

I just returned from Texas, still no trailer, however I received an email while away saying it was ready to be picked up.

When I required further, I learned this email was in error......
It never ends.

Where we stand at the moments is that we had a failed part, that caused the axle to bend, and did some damage under the trailer as well.

An adjuster had been dispatched to see it, and report it, for what, I am not certain.

What good is an extended warranty if they can decide it's not covered do to something that they deem, what.....

That I actually pulled it out of my driveway?

Anyway, sorry to be so vague, but that is all I have, I still have not been treated to an actual report of exact nature, we just get some relayed message from a hired hand.....

Those pictures I attach to the first thread, can anybody even see anything there that MIGHT have failed?

I'll keep you updated, hopefully we'll get some hard info to share soon.....arg.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 03:37 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Adjusters are getting more common on extended warranty claims. Wasn’t the case a few years ago, must be a sign of the times.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 04:48 PM   #3
wegone

OK....maybe it's because of rising cost, and some shady claims.
That could explain it, I hope so.

I am still just scratching my head about this, I was up under there, looking for anything, that might offer a clue, and nothing I could discern looked out of sorts....
But again, I was under it when she was sitting still.

Maybe the issue only shows up under tow, in turns, as that is when folks "pull me over" to warn me an issue exist??????

Thanks for the reply, maybe I am jumping to conclusions a little too quick.

The last couple of years has put a strain on everyone.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:15 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
OK....maybe it's because of rising cost, and some shady claims.
That could explain it, I hope so.

I am still just scratching my head about this, I was up under there, looking for anything, that might offer a clue, and nothing I could discern looked out of sorts....
But again, I was under it when she was sitting still.

Maybe the issue only shows up under tow, in turns, as that is when folks "pull me over" to warn me an issue exist??????

Thanks for the reply, maybe I am jumping to conclusions a little too quick.

The last couple of years has put a strain on everyone.
Yes the last few years has been a trial. I can say that the majority of times the adjuster approved the work.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #5
wegone

Latest UPDATE:

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=50634

Tags
axle