Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

New HC Samsung Residential Fridge

Coming back to those that are knowledgeable on the above fridge. Not had one before.

The fridge stays on all the time. I can make it stop if I disconnect shore power leaving it on battery power then turn off the inverter. With shore power it is just on no matter what. Read up and it says you can turn off the "cooling mode" when on AC by depressing a couple of buttons but the fans etc. would continue to run. Is this accurate?

I'm used to normal RV fridges and I don't have them on unless I'm getting ready to travel. I keep the RV plugged in all year so the fridge, I assume, is going to run non stop. Sort of perplexing from my old experiences but just thinking about "residential" fridges, I've never turned off, disconnected etc. a fridge running in a house whether I was there or not...they ran 365 days a year. Is that kind of how this is? I guess I really don't have a problem with it running all the time if the RV residential fridge is as dependable, and long lasting, as a true residential fridge. Any thoughts?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:06 PM   #2
Logan X

I don’t have a residential fridge but I do leave my 12v fridge on all of the time. I have found it is easier to keep it running. I keep condiments and some frozen food in it. The trailer is parked in my back yard so we can use the trailer fridge as an overflow if we need it.

I would just leave it running...
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:12 PM   #3
Old Mustanger

I turn the inverter off and the breaker to the ref. off. Inverter stays off unless I'm traveling. At first I unplugged the ref. but got tired of getting the step stool to reach the plug.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:32 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks. That's what I was thinking as well. Don't want to keep trying to get to the fridge cord to unplug and I leave the inverter off because we just don't run on battery power...yet. We will be when traveling when we take our first trip but not as of yet. I've read good and bad about the Samsung so a little leery of it running night and day in a storage building. Love their TVs but know nothing of a fridge.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #5
Tbos

I’ve always left mine on except when the 5er went to service. At that point we turned off the inverter and the battery cutoffs. That shut off the fridge.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge