Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #1
rsthomis

Winterizing our Premier

Greetings, friends! We have been in Florida and have come home to below freezing weather, so suddenly, we're trying to winterize! We have added 6 gal of RV antifreeze like we always do, and yes, we flipped the valve on the water heater bypass, but our pump just is not pushing the fluid through. What could we be doing wrong? HELP??!! Thanks in advance!
rsthomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
travelin texans

Six gallons in your fresh water tank probably isn't enough the reach the pump suction, but is enough to take several fill/drains to get it all rinsed out so water is drinkable again. You should've, possibly could've, pumped it directly from the jug, would've only used a gallon or so.
You didn't list your rv, some have a hose tied to pump in the convenience center for this purpose.
Be sure to pour some down all drains to fill the P traps & leave plenty in the toilet bowl to keep flush seal covered.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
k94x4

My guess is that it is already frozen since you came home to below freezing temps. That is unless you had drained you system before leaving.
North Idaho
k94x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:14 AM   #4
H20loo

I would open the cabinet doors where there is plumbing and keep the heat on. Today is the last mild day before some cold nights so it is important to resolve this. On my trailers, I attach a connection directly to the pump and use one container to do the whole trailer. Your back flow valve may be stuck open and you could be sending all the antifreeze into your fresh water holding tank. My winterizing kits usually come from ctc.
Good luck.
H20loo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing