Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #41
JMeadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the great responses! This is an expense I have been putting off - you guys have convinced me to do the right thing!

I just ordered a new Southwire Surge Guard #34951 and a #40301 monitor. This is the same EMS as the 34950 shown on the Southwire site but also includes an internal (bluetooth?) communications system to a remote wireless monitor. This gives complete protection and management features and allows remote monitoring of current levels, etc. Pretty slick system - but not cheap.

Here are the links to a couple of videos - I like this company where I made the purchase. Good website, great videos.

https://youtu.be/2ex3uVoHRgE?t=11

https://youtu.be/-u2umT-zbes?t=40
Ordered same setup, got it last week, haven't used it at campground yet but using it when plugged into my shop at home.
JMeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #42
itat

I like the way that both the Surge Guard and the new Hughes Autoformer Power Watchdog products have gone to a wireless Bluetooth monitor now. Definitely would be a nicer finished look than Progressive Industries’ wired remote display where the wire connects under the display. It’s impossible to hide that communication wire unless you do a custom flush mount with standoffs. PI finally has some competition and they better keep up!
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2014-2018)
itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:55 PM   #43
mwemaxxowner

The Bluetooth option is nice. I have contemplated semi permanently mounting an old cell phone in the camper to act as a monitor. I used it to check the voltage before plugging the camper in after checking the open neutral and open ground lights.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford