Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
jlluwee

Talking Yooper Running Free

New adventure awaits as I have just purchased my first TT. East to West 27K2D!

Selling my house and touring the USA for the next couple of years before settling down by children/grandchildren. TT will reside in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for the summer then heading South. I won't have a vehicle until the house sells but plan on a 3/4 ton.

I'll be on the road as a single lady and haven't pulled anything in years but am determined to take my time and do it right. I am reading a lot of the forum posts and will read all my manuals before heading out. I've also downloaded the RV owner maiden voyage checklist I found on here. Overwhelmed and excited at the same time.

I plan to stay at Military Campgrounds to start for both security and access to everything I may need. Westie Mix is traveling with me and currently in obedience school due to barking and aggression. Don't want to get kicked out on the 1st attempt.
jlluwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on your new purchase and start of a new adventure. You came to the right place for information and great people. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures with your Westie.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
Chris P

Congratulations and Welcome to the forum from New Jersey, There are a lot of great people and info here, Be sure to post pics.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
CrazyCain

Welcome to the forum from the Great State of Michigan. The UP is just plain Awesome!! Enjoy your stay and enjoy the forum, great bunch of folks on here..

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information to be had here by either asking questions or using the search function.

Staying in the UP for the summer and heading S in the winter?? You might look around at some of the RV folks around you and visit. There are LOTS of folks from the UP that come down and stay with/around us in the winter in the FL panhandle. You might join up with some of those folks so the first trip isn't so overwhelming.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
Northofu1

from Toronto
Happy Trails

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #7
ken56

Welcome to the forum. Don't be shy about asking any question you may come up with. The first question for me that comes to mind is are you going to maintain an address in MI? Any children that you can use theirs for an address of residency for voting, license plates etc? What about a mail forwarding service? You have lots to think about and get in place before you can just "take off" and get lost on this continent.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #8
Laredo Tugger

Congrats and welcome. Good advice posted so far and more to follow I'm sure.
While the dog is in "training",maybe they can teach him how to set the stabilizer jacks too.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #9
Roscommon48

suggestion: add what kind of trailer and truck you have.

also, if you are planning on the naval base campground in key west you need to make reservations and you will also be in 'dry camping' for a while.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
jlluwee

I'm hoping to start out in Destin at Eglin FamCamp. Need to make reservations yet. Trying to figure out my timeline.
jlluwee is offline   Reply With Quote