Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Keystone RV?
Yes 325 90.78%
No 33 9.22%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2011, 04:52 AM   #21
Bob Landry

I've only had mine since March, so I'll reserve judgement on whether I would buy another Keystone. I've only had one problem fixed under warranty and that was not major. That said, I'm still in the process of fixing/improving things that are a result of poor workmanship & construction practices, not quality of materials. Unfortunately, like every other industry, the bean counters obviously control this one also.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:30 AM   #22
stillbroke

We had our Mountaineer for only 2 1/2 months so I don't know yet, but I would not buy it from the same dealer again. We found the model we wanted at this dealer, but would have waited and ordered one from a local dealer ,if we had to do it again. No service from them! It will be hard to beat the Jayco Eagle we before and the dealer that sold them.
stillbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #23
jq1031

Smile

My TT is only 4 months old. However, I've pulled it almost seven thousand miles in alot of different conditions & traffic. Set up & broke camp more times than I can remember, slide in, slide out, jacks down, jacks up, dump valves pull, then push, utilites, air, furnace, on, off, off & on. Everything just keeps on working as it should and no leaks from rain water or any of the water connections. I gotta give this product an A+ for the first 4 months of use. Very happy with Keystone fo far!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
turbodog

Smile Keystone Purchase

I purchased a Keystone FreedonLite TT in August 2008 and kept it one year. Seems like every time I used the rig it had to go back to camping World for something. Normally they were not extremely major issues but enough to want to get it fixed before camping again. Finally, I gave up and traded for a Cougar 276 RLS in August 2009. Lost money on the deal, but what a difference. Only major issue with the Cougar was a leaking window and seats that squeeked. Camping World fixed the leaking window and Keystone replaced the pedistals on both seats. I cannot say anything negative about Keystone or my Cougar. Would I buy another Keystone - Yes. Would I but another Cougar - Yes.
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #25
Rkymtnman

We are on our third summer in our Cougar 293SAB. We generally get around 30 nights a year in it. We pull it on long weekends and generally go somewhere different every weekend so it gets beat over the road, set-up/torn down every trip. We have 2 kids, 8 and 11 so it gets used. We work hard to take excellent care of it and stay on top of maintenance issues that come up. There are a few little things I don't care for but honestly, we couldn't be happier with it. No major issues - no major problems - or minor problems that I couldn't fix myself. Dealer was great the fisrt few months in working out anything we needed.

Loking to upgrade to a mountaineer 345DBQ - perhaps next year. So I would absolutely buy another Keystone product. Been very happy with the current Cougar we have.
Prodigy Brake Controller

....looking to upgrade both in the coming year....
Rkymtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #26
Bob Landry

Ive had one major issue and that was the roof rail caps were not installed or sealed correctly. My local dealer resolved that to my satisfaction. I have had to do several minor repairs, and I'm OK with that because I have time, tools, and expertise to do that and the result is better than what the dealer would have turned out of his shop.. That being said, I do think there are quite a few issues that should never made it past QC. To the guy that does not want to or can not do repairs himself, that may seem like an important issue and that it reflects on the overall qualty of Keystone and would understandably be a deal breaker on the next purchase. These are the people that Keystone needs to retain as second and third time buyers. Maybe Keystone has enough first time buyers that these issues aren't important. Personally, if it were my company, I would be doing everything I could to encourage repeat customers. All of that being said, I think I would run into the same design and construction issues regardless of the brand.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #27
CPE

Smile

I would too definitely! Customer Service wise, NO! I need ALL info. on my unit as I can repair almost 90% of items, if needed, by nyself with proper literature. I had a Heartland and NO comparison to this Keystone, quality and interior finish wise.
CPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #28
brerrabbit

We just purchased a 2010 Laredo, mod. 296RE. So far, so good. Is there any way to get an owner's manual?
We are pulling with a 2012 Tundra with no problems.
brerrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
Bob Landry

The Keyston Owners manual can be downloaded online, but you are going to find it pretty generic. You would do well to get the model numbers off of the appliances and equipment on the trailer and try to get the manuals for those from the manufacturers.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #30
ktmracer

We've now had our outback 295RE for 1 1/2 years, new in July 2010. Towed it over 10,000 miles, spent something near 120 days camping in it. Anywhere from weekend trips to month long trips. Anything from summer sunshine to Oregon Coast Rainstorms. So far we are very happy. When we got it we spent over 4 hours doing a detailed walk through, checking EVERYTHING. Found two small cosmetic items they fixed while we went to lunch. Don't know if we ended up with a good one off the line, or if the dealer did a good PDI, but we were happy. As others have mentioned, expect to need to clean up some loose ends, but ours is holding up well. The only warranty issue we had was the alloy wheels developing some white spots. Noticed it a few day before the warranty expired. Took it to the dealer expecting a "that's normal wear and tear" response, but they took pictures sent it off to Keystone and a week later I had brand new alloy wheels on the trailer.

As far as construction, one of my biggest annyoance, but easy to fix was the slipshod job on the AC ducting. not sealed up well around vents, not opened up enough in the plenum, plenum not completely sealed. With a 35' trailer and only one AC you need all the cold air you can get. After sealing everything up and adding another vent in the bedroom, one in the bathroom and two more in the living area, the AC is much better.

Found that they used 18" full extension slides on all the drawers. However there are several that could be 24" deep. I'm sure it was to keep common parts. I ended up making 24" deep drawers where possible for more storage.

Next mod DW wants is to replace the 16" oven with a 22" oven. I agree, the 16" is pretty skimpy, looks like I can fit in a 22" with a little work.

But trailers seem to be like cars and appliances of 50 years ago. Need almost constant TLC to keep them in good shape. I think they are improving, but still a long way from the state of current cars, home appliances, etc.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #31
laidback

On our second Keystone 2009 now 2011 cougar 318SAB. We are full timers and love the trailer and have not had any problems. So my vote is YES.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
grayghost03

Just Did, 2006 Sydney for a 2012 Montana High Country 343RL
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #33
hankaye

Howdy All;

No vote yet from me as I've only been with this one for less then a year.
This is my second RV first was a 1995 orphan TT this is a 5er. To many differences between types, layouts, let alone 13 years of different building styles and materials...
I'll be keep in' my eye on this though.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 AM   #34
Rowdy51

Yes. We have only had our 312BH since May but have not had any problems. i wished it had a 2nd AC with 50 Amp service for the hot/humid days on the Texas coast.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
08 White Diamond Avalanche LTZ
11 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ, Duramax
Rowdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #35
SAABDOCTOR

YES VOTE FROM ME. I HAVE OWEND 3 OF THEM ON TT TWO 5ER'S ALL MONTANA'S LAST TWO HAVE FRONT LIVING ROOM. THE ONLY REASON WE TRADED THE THE FIRST FIVER 03 TO THE 2010. WAS THE SECOND DOOR NEAR THE BATH ROOM. FIRE SAFTY. MOST FIRES ARE IN THE KITCHEN I FIGURE AND YES THE REAR BEDROOM HAS AN ESCAPE WINDOW. BUT NO WAY COULD I GET THE BIG MALAMUTE OUT THE WINDOW AND LIIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. SO THE SECOND DOOR BY THE BEDROOM WAS THE SELLING POINT. I HAVE HAD SOME MINOR ISSUES WITH ALL OF THEM, BUT NOTHING IS PERFECT THAT IS MADE BY HUMANS. I TOO AM LUCY TO BE ABLE TO FIX THE ISSUES THAT POP UP AND WITH THE HELP OF THIS FORUM NOTHING IS IMPOSSABLE LOTS OF GREAT INFO
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 AM   #36
JOCA

Smile

Yes, would definitely buy another Keystone. We have owned a Cougar, Montana, Alpine and now a 2012 Montana 3400RL. Do a lot of traveling spending at least 5 months on the road going cross country. No complaints!
JOCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #37
suebobby

IMHO, being an avid T/T camper and being in the RV business I always sought out Sunline products. Sunline has a great reputation but stopped producing in 2007. When looking to upgrade from our last Sunline a 2005 T-2075, wanting more room but still demanding quality, our natural choice was a Keystone product (2010 Sprinter 264bhs). Happy campers so far.
suebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #38
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebobby View Post
IMHO, being an avid T/T camper and being in the RV business I always sought out Sunline products. Sunline has a great reputation but stopped producing in 2007. When looking to upgrade from our last Sunline a 2005 T-2075, wanting more room but still demanding quality, our natural choice was a Keystone product (2010 Sprinter 264bhs). Happy campers so far.
I thought you guys looked familiar!

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #39
haffcke

buy one again

so far so good, like others we have had many types of RVs over the past 40 yrs of camping/travel, and we love our 2011 bullet purchased 10/2010, actually i spend more time in it than home due to work/travel, had a pesky leak on slide but keystone has gone above and beyond to repair it and refg. quit working and repaired promptly under warrenty, other than that i keep after maintenance issues on a regular basis so little things don't get much of a chance to crop up. i have done some upgrades to make life more comfortable for me like add an electric fireplace, slide awning and a few other small additions, so right now if i were to consider a trade a keystone would be our first choice. Phil
haffcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #40
E6ret

The problems I have had right from delivery were not solved by the dealer. The other nearest dealer is to far to drive. I emailed the company and got no reply. I received a questionaire in the mail and explained everything there and eventually got an email from someone from Customer Relations saying if I had any problems to email him. I emailed him and got no reply.
The work quality on my FKV is poor.
I was willing to accept and work with them if they acknowledged I existed and that I had problems. They (the company) do not care about customer satisfaction or loyalty. I am disappointed. I purchased this trailer because I thought it was quality, or at least if there were problems, the company would recognize them and recognize their customers. I was wrong and I will never make the mistake of buying a Keystone again.
E6ret is offline   Reply With Quote