Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
rturriff7

Laredo vs Bullet Premier?

Does anyone know which line is better or more expensive given similar floorplans/options?
Andersen Ultimate
Honda EU3000is
rturriff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
jq1031

It appears the Premier has an upgraded look, however, my Laredo with the new front cap is a looker also! Price difference, I don't know but my gut feeling is a little "snaz" in the Premier interior will cost you alot of snaz in your wallet!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Flyguy

My vote is for the Laredo too.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
KanTC

The Laredo & Premier are both listed as *mid-price range* on the Keystone website, so it's difficult to say which one is more expensive. You might be able to compare prices (get an average) by searching, here: http://www.keystonervsource.com

As far as: "which line is better?"... I'd say that would depend on a buyer's wants/needs. The standard build items appear to be nearly identical with a few exceptions -- the Laredo comes standard with a 60"X80" queen bed, sofa storage drawer, higher R-factor insulation in the floor, (4) electric stabilizer jacks, 2-30lb LP bottles and the optional dinette w/4 chairs [none of which are available on the Premier] -- the Premier comes standard with stainless appliances, vaulted ceiling, LED exterior lights, entry door gas strut, frameless windows, and offers the optional exterior paint pkg [none of which are available on the Laredo].

I quickly skimmed the standard items (& may have missed something), but they're both nice trailers... simply a matter of buyer preferences.

http://keystone-laredo.com/index.php?page=standards

http://keystone-premier.com/index.php?page=standards

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot [& DH Kevin]
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
gmandi

i think the cougar line is the higher end line of keystone.
gmandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
rturriff7

Talked to a dealer yesterday who said that the Premier was the highest, then Cougar then Laredo (when just comparing these three). Gotta say I do like the Laredo alot. Especially compared to the Cougar. The only thing better on the Premier imho is the fact that they are lighter and have the full body paint. Having said that, they are all pretty nice.
Andersen Ultimate
Honda EU3000is
rturriff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
gmandi

I don't agree. I looked at all 3 and clearly the cougar line have much better appointments, trim and feature. Yes, I did buy a cougar 26bhswe...but only after a very intensive review process: )
gmandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
The Sod Father

I looked at the Premier, Cougar, Laredo and Passport. From what I saw, the Premier was lighter (the main deciding factor for me) and had a few features that were "upscale" like the frameless tinted windows, deep single bowl sink, LED running lights, LED "landing lights" in the front cap, recessed lights in the bathroom and front bedroom and full body paint.

By the way - two of the frameless windows ended up leaking. So much for upscale.
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #9
DTJ9610

Laredo 303TG owner here. I just looked through some of the photos to compare the mine to the Premier 31BHPR. This is what I noticed:

303TG pros:
-I like the wider main entertainment center. It covers more of the queen bed
-I like the air sofa in the back slide as for my 3 boys it will be more comfortable hanging out on that then a bunk.
-Doesn't appear the Premier has the gass grill hookup/rack in the back
-front design to enclose the propane tanks

31BHPR pros:
-I like the extra pantry by the fridge
-It is about 1,000lb lighter dry and 400lb loaded
-I like the opening on the sides of the queen bed side storage - room for glasses, flashlight, etc (the Laredo is solid all the way down). Also has a laundry chute.
-Love the swivel TV in the back room/outside kitchen (Laredo has a cable connect)

All in all it comes down to personal preference. Happy hunting. Looking is half the fun.

Thanks Sod - went blank there with the "night stand"

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #10
The Sod Father

Yep, the night stands were a key factor in my decision making process. I forgot about that! Also, you CAN get the swing out grill with the 31BPR, but I use a Weber Q - 200 instead.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #11
emax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTJ9610 View Post
Laredo 303TG owner here. I just looked through some of the photos to compare the mine to the Premier 31BHPR. This is what I noticed:

303TG pros:
-I like the wider main entertainment center. It covers more of the queen bed
-I like the air sofa in the back slide as for my 3 boys it will be more comfortable hanging out on that then a bunk.
-Doesn't appear the Premier has the gass grill hookup/rack in the back
-front design to enclose the propane tanks

31BHPR pros:
-I like the extra pantry by the fridge
-It is about 1,000lb lighter dry and 400lb loaded
-I like the opening on the sides of the queen bed side storage - room for glasses, flashlight, etc (the Laredo is solid all the way down). Also has a laundry chute.
-Love the swivel TV in the back room/outside kitchen (Laredo has a cable connect)

All in all it comes down to personal preference. Happy hunting. Looking is half the fun.

Thanks Sod - went blank there with the "night stand"
Hey guy just to add to the confusion I bought the Laredo 303 tg in sept and I am picking it up on Thursday (can't wait). There are some other things I noticed between the two like the bed is bigger (60X80), you are getting two 30lbs propane tanks not 20s and the refrigerator is 8 cubic in" not 6 cubic in"and the electric levers too. I do like the frame less windows and the 1000 lbs lighter and the TV in the outside kitchen. I am hoping to get a 19 in" TV in the back I will see if i can fit it between counter top and the cabinets.Over all I like both units its just what you prefer.
emax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #12
cajun4396

2012 Keystone Premier 31BHPR Ultra Lite by Bullet

The Sod Father,

and everyone else... New member here, buying a 2012 Keystone Premier 31BHPR Ultra Lite by Bullet this week...

Was your repairs under warranty, or did you repair them yourself? I am buying a 2012 31BHPR at the moment that has been under cover since new. It's never hit the open road... Neither kitchen has been used, the camper has only been slept in 6 nights... Should pick up in a week or so... Should I caulk around the seemless windows just for piece of mind? Are there any suggestions you all have for "preventive" maintenance I can do when I receive the camper? Looks BRAND new at this moment, searched through the closets, cabinets, etc for any leak stains...

Thanks for any imput.

cajun4396
cajun4396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
snow

Great choice , have fun , I bet you will use the outdoor kitchen the first time out love it ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄
Old 09-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
The Sod Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun4396 View Post
The Sod Father,

and everyone else... New member here, buying a 2012 Keystone Premier 31BHPR Ultra Lite by Bullet this week...

Was your repairs under warranty, or did you repair them yourself? I am buying a 2012 31BHPR at the moment that has been under cover since new. It's never hit the open road... Neither kitchen has been used, the camper has only been slept in 6 nights... Should pick up in a week or so... Should I caulk around the seemless windows just for piece of mind? Are there any suggestions you all have for "preventive" maintenance I can do when I receive the camper? Looks BRAND new at this moment, searched through the closets, cabinets, etc for any leak stains...

Thanks for any imput.

cajun4396
Cajun - first off, congrats on the new rig! No, do no caulk around the seamless windows. I believe the windows are sealed with gaskets. I would check but the Bullet is still at the dealer waiting on the new axles. Both lost their camber and it appears to be a common issue with this line. And in that regard, yes they were covered by Dexter, the axle manufacturer after quite a bit of back and forth. Keystone was not very responsive and when they finally did, they told me I was on my own since I was 6 months out of warranty. Plus the person at Keystone spelled axle incorrectly

Keystone DID cover the leaking windows but that was because the trailer was still under warranty, so it would be expected.

If the trailer was under cover then you should be fine. Keep an eye out for any damage to the down spouts, awning or vent covers due to the cover. Also know that the vent hood in your inside kitchen does NOT vent out. It just recirculates hot air. Kind of a disappointment for me, but the benefits of the rig far out weight the shortcomings.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
cajun4396

Thank you Sod... When I say cover, I probably should have said roof... it was under a roof, covered from the elements... Although I'm looking to buy a cover for it later on... Good to know about the vent, doesn't make much sense to recirculate but ok... Nice thing it's got the outside kitchen for frying fish... Really looking forward to the new trailer... Hope I don't have the axle problem too! Regards,
cajun4396 is offline   Reply With Quote