Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
Firemenfred

soft floor in 300mp garage

question. has anyone had an issue with soft floors in the garage. my friend has a 2010 and I have a 2011, he mention to me that his floor beside the metal floor storage boxes was soft. I went and checked mine and the same thing. this is on the sloped section, the main floor is solid. my seal on the ramp seems to be tight and I see no evidence of water intrusion. the local shop quoted him 3900 to replace that section. it looks like we will have to tackle it together.
any thoughts or experience
Old 09-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
Desert185

Not familiar with your configuration, and my SRX doesn't seem to have similar issues, but if it did I would overlay the floor with 1/8" aluminum painted/coated with a no-slip material. Lightweight and easier to remedy than replacing the floor (and not $3900). 1/4" may be better, depending on what your loading, but probably overkill.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:23 AM   #3
Kevin H

Same Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemenfred View Post
question. has anyone had an issue with soft floors in the garage. my friend has a 2010 and I have a 2011, he mention to me that his floor beside the metal floor storage boxes was soft. I went and checked mine and the same thing. this is on the sloped section, the main floor is solid. my seal on the ramp seems to be tight and I see no evidence of water intrusion. the local shop quoted him 3900 to replace that section. it looks like we will have to tackle it together.
any thoughts or experience
Just purchased a 2011 Keystone 300MP and also just discovered soft rotten floor next to storage boxes. Also discovered that the storage boxes leak. Purchased in Florida and Pulled it back to St Louis through some heavy rain and had inch or more water in boxes. Figured I would have to remove entire area of sloped floor and replace/reseal. What was you outcome? Still own it?
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Firemenfred's profile shows the following Last Activity: 07-12-2016 10:35 PM

He may no longer be interested in the forum or he may no longer be capable of visiting the forum. You may not get a response from him, so I would suggest you not "wait for his answers".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Kevin H

Thanks

New to this, but I'll figure it out eventually.
Thanks
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote