Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
smokeater

Lights affect the television

We were camping in our 2014 Premier 30REPR. While watching over the air tv, I went to the bathroom and as soon as I turned the light on, the tv signal was lost, when I turned it off again, the signal came back. We also noticed that sometimes, when we turn a light on, the tv gets a bit snowy till we turn it off.
Our lights are led. Our son said it might be that the electric wires and the antenna cable are run together as the tv is at the rear and the antenna is at the front of the trailer........any comments?
smokeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I would think it has to do with the power to the antenna booster. It should be on it's own circuit but may be looped into the lights. JM2˘, Hank

If the LEDs are dc only the diode may not let the power or ground pass to the booster.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
B&T

Some cheaper LED's are known(Google -> led tv interference) to be emitting RFI that can interfere with broadcast television signals, you can try to relocate that LED further away from the television to see if it helps--otherwise try a different brand LED.
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote