Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
GaryWT

I think I have issues

All I do or think about is camping. I think I have a problem. I don't want to work or go to work. I am addicted to these sites, campground sites, planning, camping all the time. I go to work and wish I was camping. It is the middle of winter and I wish I was camping. Today is worse than other days, don't know why but I think I need help. Admitting it is part of the solution I hope...
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

GaryWT -

Not sure if your comments are written to be taken seriously or if you are just kidding and writing this "tongue in cheek" but if you are not joking then ........

You might be better off in seeking a solution to the problem you think you have from your family doctor. We'd like to assist but this forum is really not the place that is able to provide you with the proper advice or help you may need to address your issues.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

GaryWT -

I wrote a very funny reply to your post assuming you were being tongue in cheek. After reading the post again I wasn't so sure so deleted it. If you are serious then I would say that this time of year lots of folks feel the way you do. Give it 2-3 months and it will be time to hit the trail. When the weather is dreary, as it has been here, for days on end it isn't unusual to feel the same way. It is important to keep the desire to camp and the importance of a job in perspective. I'm partial to having bacon on my plate at breakfast - and it costs money.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
Kristi

I'm right there with you Gary, every time I see a trailer headed down the road I think "Hmmm, how much vacation time do I have left?" Wonder if there is a RVer's anonymous?

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
SAABDOCTOR

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!. THERE ARE DAYS I FEEL THAT WAY. It's too cold to camp, fish or fly model airplanes. Just work! the only bright spot is This winter stuff can last forever and soon we can camp and complain it's too hot! What I do is on Sunday I build model air planes for the summer That seems to help pass the time. on the synical side of me I tell myself "Work is the crabgrass in the lawn of life" Hang in there March is coming!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
GaryWT

Hoping that some time at the Boston RV and Camping show this weekend will take care of things for now. Heading in on Sunday but will be home in time to watch the Patriots Sunday night. Today was tough day for whatever reason but all will be good.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
GaryWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
GaryWT -

I wrote a very funny reply to your post assuming you were being tongue in cheek. After reading the post again I wasn't so sure so deleted it. If you are serious then I would say that this time of year lots of folks feel the way you do. Give it 2-3 months and it will be time to hit the trail. When the weather is dreary, as it has been here, for days on end it isn't unusual to feel the same way. It is important to keep the desire to camp and the importance of a job in perspective. I'm partial to having bacon on my plate at breakfast - and it costs money.
I would have enjoyed your original post...
Old 01-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #8
BOWWOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Hoping that some time at the Boston RV and Camping show this weekend will take care of things for now. Heading in on Sunday but will be home in time to watch the Patriots Sunday night. Today was tough day for whatever reason but all will be good.
Hi Gary , feeling it too , but I will be in Costa Rica soon for a while before camping resumes. Speaking of RV Shows I went to the one in Denver last weekend and I was stunned to see that some of the new 5er's had Goodyear and Sailun tires on them 14 ply G rated no less. Is this new for 2015 has anyone else seen this on a new RV ?

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #9
14george

I love to be camping too but the weather is too cold here thank about camping too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
I would have enjoyed your original post...
I wish I had posted it as well. I just didn't want to be inappropriate. I think you're feeling what most of us are....and, in my case, it is worse right now as well. Yesterday I told my wife I was going to do something to get out of here if I had to sell the house and just GO. That went over like a lead balloon. Then, yesterday afternoon her mother called and said the weather was making her feel bad and she wanted to come spend a few days. Went from the frying pan to the fire and it REALLY is dreary now
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:35 AM   #11
turbopilot51

Quote:
All I do or think about is camping. I think I have a problem. I don't want to work or go to work. I am addicted to these sites, campground sites, planning, camping all the time. I go to work and wish I was camping. It is the middle of winter and I wish I was camping. Today is worse than other days, don't know why but I think I need help. Admitting it is part of the solution I hope...
I must admit I have the same disease. When I am driving to work and I notice all the rvs heading down the road, I wish I was too. I am constantly checking the weather of our favorite camping spots on the Oregon coast. The dw has the same disease as well. Then i go by the rv storage facility and see the Alpine all covered up for a long winter's nap. I will even go inside the rv just to sit and enjoy the smell and enjoy the memories. Yeah I got the same disease...bad!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #12
koko

Our 9-year-old grandson said we were campaholics...that hurt!

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #13
buckeyebobhockingcamper

well im sittin in my fifth wheel in marathon florida and will be here for 3 months.however i worked35 years first soooooooo,dont know how old you are but dont wish yer life away!!it will come save yer money ,invest well and see ya when ya get here!BUCKEYEBOB
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:55 PM   #14
Ken / Claudia

Ok, I put on my Dr. hat.
Gary, if your rv is at the house you need to stock it up for a night of good movies, food and drink. Than both of you spend the night in it. That should make you a happy camper for a month or two until you can take it somewhere.
And, yes I (we) have the problem even though the rv is 10 ft from the back door of the house.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:18 AM   #15
JimQ

This thread was so funny to read. I have the sickness also. Our other family members who go RVing/camping with us during the year are also afflicted. I think we will all feel better when the month of January passes and we notice the sun being higher in the sky. If my camper was here at home, I think I would at least have a Happy Hour in it with the heat blasting!! LOL Keep your chin up Gary!! and others... Spring will be here soon. Jim
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #16
GaryWT

The day of my original post I was really down but have been better since although I do stay connected to camping as much as I can, it is just my way of life. Will be heading to the Boston show tomorrow. I would like to head outside to the trailer but the battery is in the basement and with the slides closed it would not quite doc it. Good to see I am not the only one and have enjoyed this. Planning and reservations will be coming soon, later than last year but I was out of work at this point last year so most everything was done with all the time I had. Anyway, soon it will start to get better and warmer.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:04 AM   #17
byrdr1

too funny gary..
I was just thinking gosh with this mild winter day(saturday) almost 60 around here what a great weekend to be out camping. But the wife had to work and i worked around the house and yard. BUT I did open up the camper and chill in it a while. fact I am sitting in it now..Drinking my coffee and watching tv while interweb surfing. A little rainy this morning but still calling for mid 50s here in central NC.
We ate supper with the oldest, her husband and grandkids last night at our favorite Ice cream shop, Butter pecan was good. We haven't been there is a few months with cold weather but yesterday was perfect.
I hope all you up north are OK and have fun.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #18
GaryWT

Well, got a little camping fix at the Boston RV show today, good time. That with a Patriot win makes a great day. Off to the Super Bowl...
Old 01-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #19
theeyres

The very best part of being retired and moving to AZ is that anytime I get the itch I can scratch it. My neighbors think I'm nuts when it is 40 at night and 60 during the day and I'm out loading up the trailer for a few days camping. At Christmas my wife and I went from the Sonoran Desert (AZ) to the Colorado Desert (CA) for two weeks. So all I can say is sorry...you will just have to wait a few years and then you no longer have to lust after those RV's you see going down the road. Until then, you have my sympathy.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #20
x96mnn

Have the disease as well. Trying to plan a trip now in April and head down south until the May 24 here in Canada. Not sure if it will be feasible with work but it sure does help past the time.

I do the same thing, going out to the camper any day weather permits. Me and my buddy used to watch the hockey games out there and order pizza, having it delivered to the camper. The delivery guy used to get a kick out of it. We call it yard camping.

I am unable to park my camper in my new yard, something I am also looking at fixing, so right now I can't even look out at it. Makes it a little tougher this year then others. Planning and searching the forms sure does help though.
2012 Sprinter 266
2014 RAM 6.7 Cummins Diesel
2015 Sandpiper 30IOK

All I care about is camping, maybe three people and beer!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote