Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
cobalert

Sedona Bound

Headed to Sedona AZ from San Diego CA for Thanksgiving. Anyone know a good campground that can take a 42 foot trailer at a cost that won’t break the bank and be accommodating for hiking and maybe a long soak in the hot tub.
cobalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
buckeyebobhockingcamper

we were there in 06 and stayed at a koa in williams arizona.its an hour to sedona and a hour to south rim of grand canyon.
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
theeyres

Try Distant Drums about 1/2 hour from Sedona in Camp Verde. Great park. I know they have a pool but not sure about a jacuzzi. It's one of the few parks I'd rate a 10 and it doesn't break the bank. We've stayed in the park right in Sedona but it will break the bank.

While you are there be sure to check out Jerome. Well worth the visit. A great "artsy" town that is a former ghost town.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
TravelingZoo

Smile

Good morning, We have stayed in Sedona last three years and I have plans for returning again this year in the end of January. We stay in town at Rancho Sedona RV park. It is pricey good Sam's rates run from 43.65 to $63.90. They offer free Wi-Fi and free cable TV. We like the convenience of being able to walk downtown to some of the finest restaurants and shopping. The park is located on Oak Creek. There are nice large trees and they are dog friendly. We have 2 100 lb Rotties and if you have large dogs you know how hard it is to find a place they can stay.

There is another park about 8 miles outside of town. We have never stayed there but we have driven through it. It does have a pool and I think a Jacuzzi. The park is Lo Lo Mai Springs. It was two years ago we visited. The park is large with large trees, it look clean and the people were friendly. You said you were planning to visit Thanksgiving? I would highly recommend making reservations now. Both of those parks stay pretty full year round and would also recommend that you look at Parks south of Sedona. At this time of year up north can get some really rough weather. As for hiking, you can't go wrong. There are hundreds of trails for any type of hiker. We love that area and yes a must see ,is the little town of Jerome. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your trip.
TravelingZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
cobalert

Distant Drums

Distant Drums it is and thanks everyone for your suggestions. I usually deep fry a turkey for thanksgiving but this year I might take a quart of oil and two Cornish Game Hens for me and the wife. I can deep fry them in a soup pot. Looking forward to exploring Sedona.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
cobalert

Sedona Camping

Thank everyone for the advice to stay at Distance Drum Campground. Amazing place with incredible sunsets and central to everything. We are of to Bryce next week and staying at Bryce Canyon Pines. Has anyone ever stayed there and if so can you give me some inside info. I will still have time to relocate if it is less than what the website states.