Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Oldmilkman1

Radio troubles

My radio plays ten to 15 minutes shuts off loses all channels have to reset
I put new battery in camper still loses power in around 15 minutes not timer or sleep problem they are turned off ? Any ideas ? It's
A linear series LS5050 radio entertainment center?
Oldmilkman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
Yosemitebob

Only my humble opinion, but sounds like the radio is getting hot and automatically shutting down. That would mean an internal problem. You have no information about your trailer, is it new - warranty issue, how old is the radio?
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
Oldmilkman1

Called radio manufactor today he told me this is a ongoing problem with this radio the ls5050 said the circuit board is defective and can't be fixed . So he sold me a new RS 5090 radio for 129.00 to replace this with since it is out of warranty and keystone won't fix per keystone rep ! It would cost me more to haul camper to dealer then have them test and order new one the radio guy told me it will come pre wired to fit my old wires in camper easy change out and is Bluetooth capable he said I will be much happier with this radio at a discounted replacement price then spending money at dealership !,so I thank the radio manufacture for standing behind this problem! As warranty is expired and keystone seems to never take a stand at fixing things out of warranty seems to me it pays to call companies that parts in campers that are defective !,they usually will go out of their way to make things right that keystone won't ! Just saying had toilet prob before now radio ,and both times I went to device manufactor rather then through keystone and troubles have been fixed! And I am very happy with keystone camper just not happy with customer relations !
My advice is don't give up when keystone says they are out of warranty ! Just go the extra step above them most companies want you to have a good faith relationship with them and they will try to help fix things that break out of warranty If you ask! Thanks Magnadyne corp. I am very pleased that you went the extra mile to help make my radio trouble be fixed! thank you very much!!
Oldmilkman1 is offline   Reply With Quote