Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Festus2
Site Team

Week 4: Top Five

A little less scratching around this week for goofy, funny comments by y'all. Did I get "y'all" right? I appreciate your efforts in trying hard in trying to make the Top Five and for those who have once again failed to make it, after 3 weeks of trying, I say, "Give up. You just don't have the right stuff".

This weeks Top Five includes, I think, some well-meaning, innocent but serious comments by members not thinking that they would make the final list. My apologies to those who were trying to be serious and made the list and also to those who were being silly and didn't.

So, here we go .......

Number 5: A new member who shall remain anonymous, obviously has not grasped the concept of "brief". His "brief" introduction and first posting went on and on and on for about 1625 words describing his first camping experience and another 35 words telling us what kind of RV he has and what he tows it with. He never did say anything silly or humorous. He did say there would be more to come. Yikes, and we thought geo, The Lord of the Underbelly was long winded.
Obviously, I can't include a word of what he said. There are just too many of them.

Number 4:
Here's one from one of the Three Bears who complained that the fridge was "too cold". "My spinach and arugula went bad. Don't laugh. That is serious stuff!"
I can hear all you red meat eaters chuckling about that one. Popeye, however, is really upset. Arugula? Is it good for you?

Number 3: Who's married to this guy? Quote: "Hold on... let me grab a beer and a chair...... ok.... continue. Scary thing is that I started to understand but it's all gone now."
DW -- if you see this, I'd keep an eye on him.

Number 2: Words from someone who probably served in the Navy..... "Sure it's not authentic but I think that ship sailed for most of us when we started hitting buttons to get our slides out".

Number1: Here's one for all the seniors on here ......"Use it or lose it." Now, was that written by the DH or the DW? Come to think of it, my wife has mentioned that to me lately....

Honorable Mention: Nothing like an encouraging word from a member who offers this towing advice to a member who should not be in a hurry...... "The previous generation Durango will get your trailer to your destination eventually."
Ahhh, nothing like a strong endorsement for the Durango.

Note - There will be a slight delay in getting out next week's Top Five. Heading out for a short trip and gotta go load the fridge up with some of that arugula.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
hoffbrew

I would like to thank the academy for helping me make the top 5 this week, it was tough but glad I made it. AND a special shout out to Festus2 for keeping an eye on all of this!! Hope to be here again!!
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
therink

I think I reply to posts on here 2-3 times per day. I think I need to kick it up a notch or two.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Steve -
It's not the quantity of posts that count (no pun intended) but the lack of quality. Your posts are far too informative and helpful so I would suggest that you have some adult beverages before posting - relax and say something that doesn't make any sense.

I'll be looking for that "something extra" from you. I know you've got it in you.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
Javi

Y'all is starting to get the Y'all down pretty good for a northern fellow.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Y'all is starting to get the Y'all down pretty good for a northern fellow.
Javi, Don't let Festus2 fool you. He is from southern Canada. Y'all have a nice day now y'hea, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #7
Kristi

"Give up. You just don't have the right stuff".

We aren't giving up yet! There's stuff just waitin' to be stepped in!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
allmi01

Now, I know, I'm a yankee through and through but...

I thought Y'all was singular and all y'all was the plural.

My OCD is showing... hope nobody is looking.

Festus2... many thanks for doing all the hard work to collect these weekly. it makes my Friday mornings.

Mike
Old 05-30-2014, 07:03 AM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmi01 View Post
Now, I know, I'm a yankee through and through but...
I thought Y'all was singular and all y'all was the plural.

My OCD is showing... hope nobody is looking.

Mike
Mike ---

Please, please don't make "y'all" any more confusing than it already is. I've been working on this for quite some time and I thought I had finally grasped the concept. Now you're telling me that there's also an "All y'all"? Singular? Plural? This is way too much for my little brain.

"Y'all trying to confuse me?"
Old 05-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #10
So Cal CPA

Another great Top 5! I like number 3 the best however.

If my male chauvinism is showing its okay - the great Gloria Allred recently said on the news that being a male chauvinist is a mental disorder - so please bear with me, and be tolerant, as I deal with this debilitating disorder.

Thank you.

(end sarcasm)
Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #11
gvansickle1

I must tell y'all, I'm feel'in more than a bit down. Guess I'm a bit slow as I've been a member almost a whole month and I've only just now learned about the "Top Five"? If I'd only known, I'm sure I could have been a contender! On the up side, now I know I've got somethin to shoot for!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #12
Festus2
Site Team

gvansickle1 -
Actually, you might be even slower than you think you are. In order to be considered for the Top Five, you have to be able to think and act quickly. Had you been more observant and alert, you would have noticed that the Top Five has been on the forum for as long as you have been a member. And you just found out today? Not very impressive I must say.

If you have your heart set on making the list, you'll have to set your sights a little higher. However, at this point, I'm not sure about your aim but I will keep an eye on your posts.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #13
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Number 5: A new member who shall remain anonymous, obviously has not grasped the concept of "brief". His "brief" introduction and first posting went on and on and on for about 1625 words describing his first camping experience and another 35 words telling us what kind of RV he has and what he tows it with. He never did say anything silly or humorous. He did say there would be more to come. Yikes, and we thought geo, The Lord of the Underbelly was long winded.
Obviously, I can't include a word of what he said. There are just too many of them.
I agree about that geo, he can . . .

<Volumes of text cut and omitted>

So in conclusion, I agree!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote