Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
Feralhog

Premier 19FBPR

We have been looking at the Premier 19FBPR. We have seen one in person several times without a sales person present which allowed us to nose around freely.

Other than info on the web site I know the box itself is 20' long. It has blackwater flush (not listed in specs). It appears to have everything but the so-called "full body paint" if the 19 even has that option. I THINK it has the thermal package though it seems to me the lines would freeze going down the road at 55mph.

I guess I'm looking for pros and cons of this line and would love hearing from someone who owns this particular model. Any surprises?

This would be our third TT purchase so we're not beginners but not experts by a long shot either.

We'd be towing with a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5.7l, 3.55 rear.

Thank you!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Keystone's "Arctic/Thermal" package is, IMO, a marketting gimmick which gives the impression that their units will withstand prolonged sub-freezing temperatures. The heated underbelly that they speak about is only being heated when your furnace is running, otherwise the lines are unprotected.
In addition, the 1/4 in Coroplast underbelly has numerous small openings/gaps which would allow cold air to penetrate the enclosure and vastly reduce the effectiveness of any heat that might have found its way into it.
I can't see this Polar/Arctic package offering very much in the the way of protection except in short spells of cold weather - and with the furnace running. It wouldn't be something that I would rely on if the weather turned "ugly".
Old 11-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Feralhog

That's what I thought regarding a "Thermal Package".

So, does it have the drain valves underneath where I could just open them and not worry about freezing until I get parked? As you may have guessed I'm already planning a February trip from NH to Ohio (near Cinci)......I don't think I want to winterize the thing every time I move it unless it's a simple task with the Premiers. I know some models (i.e. Fun Finder) have a pump where all you do is stick a hose in the anti-freeze, open sink faucets etc., then turn on the pump until you see anti-freeze leave the faucets and you're done. Perhaps its a little more complicated than that but this is what I have been told.....
Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Not sure about that model but ours has two, low-point drains that protrude from the underbelly. I am sure yours would have drains as well but not sure where they would be located. These could be opened leaving the water lines mostly empty. Winterizing the lines with RV antifreeze is basically as you described in your above post. I disconnect the fresh water intake to the pump, run a hose from that to the container of RV antifreeze, run the pump, open the faucets in turn til u see pink flowing. This is all done after I have opened the low-point drains, drained the HW tank and isolated it from the water supply lines. I am sure the procedure is essentially the same for your unit.
If you are moving from place to place, it is something I wouldn't want to perform with each move - even tho it is fairly straight forward.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
SLIMSHADIE

I know mine came with the bypass on the hot water heater and the pump had a bypass to syphon the antifreeze out of the jug. I'm not positive but would think the newer Premier would have those same options.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #6
KanTC

Feralhog --

We don't have a Premier, but are again helping some friends (first-time buyers) research travel trailers - which means... I've read waaaaay too many manufacturer brochures!

To my knowledge, the Premier is the only travel trailer in the Keystone line-up that offers a full-body paint option, and that may be the deciding factor to place it in their "high-end" category. The Bullet & Premier appear to have the same construction details (frame, walls, insulation, holding tanks, etc) and the same list of standard features, but... the Premier has several upgrade standard features, plus the Comfort & Premier Pkg's... none of which are available on the Bullet. The upgrades would logically reflect some price difference between the two.

I agree with Festus - an *Arctic Pkg, Glacier Pkg, Blizzard Pkg, etc*, (regardless of the manufacturer) isn't exactly what the name implies, but does help keep an enclosed/heated underbelly area somewhat warmer, as long as the cold temps aren't extreme. That said, also be aware that both the Premier & Bullet web info states: "Microseries does NOT include a Thermal Package".

I don't know if length (alone) determines the Microseries category, or if that web info is even current & correct, but the lack of any protection from freezing temps would definitely limit camping to warmer months & warmer locations, unless of course the unit is kept completely winterized during travel & use.

On Edit - model info correction, posted below...

Good luck in your search,
Terri, the co-pilot [& DH Kevin]
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
Feralhog

I saw that "MicroSeries" notation also and went looking for "MicroSeries" on the Keystone site to see what that meant with no luck. Definitely a question to ask. I do know the TT has an enclosed underbelly but as far as heat into it........who knows? Does Keystone make a smaller trailer?

It almost looked like that notation was just left there from somewhere else but of course I have no proof of that...

Thank you!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
KanTC

Post RE: Premier 19FBPR

OK, I'll admit it, Feralhog... I read your questions & curiosity got the best of me

The MicroSeries is the Bullet Hybrid (hard side trailer with tip-out canvas ends), as shown on page 7 of the 2011 Bullet Brochure (dated Oct 2010)

http://www.keystonerv.com/media2/doc...ure2011web.pdf

And, I was incorrect in my previous post - the Bullet ALSO now offers the (Limited Time) "Comfort Pkg"; it's not an exclusive option pkg on the Premier.

That said - the MicroSeries info apparently doesn't apply to the current Premier models, and it appears that the Premier 19FBPR does have the Thermal Pkg.

Hope this helps, and happy camping!
Terri, the co-pilot [& DH Kevin]
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
Rocky65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralhog View Post
We have been looking at the Premier 19FBPR. We have seen one in person several times without a sales person present which allowed us to nose around freely.

Other than info on the web site I know the box itself is 20' long. It has blackwater flush (not listed in specs). It appears to have everything but the so-called "full body paint" if the 19 even has that option. I THINK it has the thermal package though it seems to me the lines would freeze going down the road at 55mph.

I guess I'm looking for pros and cons of this line and would love hearing from someone who owns this particular model. Any surprises?

This would be our third TT purchase so we're not beginners but not experts by a long shot either.

We'd be towing with a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5.7l, 3.55 rear.

Thank you!
Hi, we just brought one this fall and got it home a few weeks ago and are now busy outfitting to our liking and can't wait till Spring. So far we love it but of course we haven't camped in it yet. I will have a more informed opinion in a few months. I am busy doing lots of mods/tweaking to it and hope to get some time soon to post some pics etc. We didn't get the full body paint option have the white fibregalss getcoat finish, I actually like the looks of it better of course I know its not as durable but couldn't justify the extra cost for it, our dealer took almost $3000.00 off to skip the body paint.
Rocky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
SueMcD

Just put down a deposit!

Glad to hear the good words for the 19FBPR because we put a deposit down on one last weekend! DH is getting a new hip in a couple of weeks so the dealer (whom is very highly rated) will keep it until the spring. All weekend I've been reading forums and thinking about accessories and very excited about when we actually bring it home.

Sue
SueMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #11
mikey98e

We were at the Boston Camping Expo yesterday. Spent several hours narrowing our choices for a replacement to our 21-foot '95 Mallard. We decided on the 19FBPR. The bummer was that there weren't any 19FBPR's at the show. We'll be going to the dealer Saturday and buy one.
-mike
mikey98e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
MISailor

Thumbs up Great Choice

I'm obvioulsy biased, but I thik you're making a great choice. Enjoy!
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #13
Greysquirrel

We bought ours at the end of Nov. got a good price as it was the end of the month and the selling season. We brought it home a two hour trip and thats as far as its gone, going on our maiden voyage in April to Key West.
Our last TT was a 17 ft Casita, we liked it except for the fact that the bed was across the rear of the trailer which meant that the person on the inside had to climb over someone if they had to get up in the night and age has caught up to both of us.
We looked at a great many TT over the summer but could not find any one that filled our needs better than the 19FB. After having a trailer that was 14 ft. inside the extra 5 ft is more than adequate for us.
With the exception of clothes and food and utensils everything we had stored int the Casita is in the outside storage and we have so much space inside for storage we will have to watch what we put in it so as to cut down on weight.
Ours has the plastic toilet not ceramic which is OK for us for a couple of reasons, one being weight the other is that we probably will not use it unless there is a storm that stops us from going to the campground facilities we went for years without one so not a problem, same goes for the shower, the tub is only good to wash our dogs if we get caught out in the rain while hiking and they are full of mud.
We have an Aussie grill not Broil King, don't know if it is any better but we will find out.
A couple of things that you may want the dealer to install for your are vent covers over the fan in the bathroom and the vent in the coach, it will allow you to open the vents in any weather and leave open when it storage for air circulation, another it a Slide Topper that is an awning over your slide to keep out debris while it is open. You also may want to get a 3 or 4 inch 4 or 5 pound density memory mattress topper for the bed, it will make a difference in your sleep comfort.
All said I think we will be very happy with our purchase as I am sure you will also be.
Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #14
lwaylett

New owner of Bullet Premier 19FBPR

Just purchased a 2011 Keystone Premier Bullet 19FBPR today! We are excited and would appreciate any advice or information from others who have the same model Keystone trailer. We are new to pulling a travel trailer, so all advice is welcome....the good and the bad. Thanks!!
lwaylett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:18 AM   #15
mikey98e

I forgot about this thread.
Well, we bought the trailer last year in February. Camped in it through the year. This was the first new trailer we've had and it's great. She's just right for the Boss and me. Everything in it worked without any hitches and it tows better than our Mallard did.
I can't wait to pull it into the driveway and get ready for this year's trips.
-mike
mikey98e is offline   Reply With Quote