Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Htfiremedic

Snowpocalypse in SC

So, we are working 911 in snow and sleet on the BooBoo bus. I just heard a call for a headache.
What are they thinking??

No salt, no sand, no scraping truck....not a single luxury......

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
cabinfever

Would be nice if that was the worst call you received. 200K without power and climbing. Hope all think before starting the gen set or whatever else they may do to deal with no heat or electric. Be safe out there and hope you and the BooBoo bus stay booboo free!

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

A headache? realy? 911 what Burger king for got the fries oh dear lord please be safeAs we used to say before we went out on a rescue mission, Don't turn the rescue into a rescue. Stay warm
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
FullTimer

Wow, just announced on the news, people abandoning their cars on the freeways in S Carolina. Now over 500K out of power. Wow.
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
Htfiremedic

It's amazing to listen to our local 911 radio traffic. Some are just funny.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
FullTimer

Ht did you guys get alot of ice like predicted? I heard 3/4 of inch expected yesterday and snow.

Eta to add: State of Emergency now exist in N Carolina. You guys to the north need to prepare for this.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
CUFFS054

Don't know about SC but here in mid GA we are getting our butts kicked. My driveway is completely with downed limbs. One of the beggars took out 50' of fence and one of the gates. And it's still sleeting hard. Lost power for about 2 hours, but fortunently we are on the same lead as the hospital so got taken care of first. Hope all goes well for you all.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
Htfiremedic

We had snow yesterday. It started back at 0321 hrs this AM and has been sleeting, snowing or freezing rain since. Currently sleeting. Our bus has no chains. Slow going tonight. Hope no calls for the EMS here. I am dreading driving in this mess.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
rwmurphy15

We're expecting 12-18" on snow & sleet starting tonite into all day Thur. Here in Penna. After just being out on power last week for 3 days from 1/2 "ice . My yard looks like a war zone took me 7 hrs to open my driveway up so I could get out from all the trees that uprooted and branches. Come on spring!
rwmurphy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
Htfiremedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmurphy15 View Post
We're expecting 12-18" on snow & sleet starting tonite into all day Thur. Here in Penna. After just being out on power last week for 3 days from 1/2 "ice . My yard looks like a war zone took me 7 hrs to open my driveway up so I could get out from all the trees that uprooted and branches. Come on spring!

So far, we have been lucky in upstate SC. The midlands and coastal counties are loosing power and most roads are impassible.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-13-2014, 03:16 AM   #11
crash

We got about 4 1/2 inches last night befor it turned to rain around 0230am,now the second round will be here around 1:00pm to dump another 4 inches,its now 39 degrees the upside is friday-sunday its going to be in the mid 40s and monday and tuesday its going to be 60 degrees
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:14 AM   #12
hotroddin72

Well its 7:15 here in Townsend Delware and I've got 10 in of snow. Please let summer come soon.
hotroddin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:09 AM   #13
Htfiremedic

I feel like the guy that moved North. We got more last night. Will this white Hell end?!?
Lol

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-13-2014, 05:23 AM   #14
FullTimer

Man this is brutal. I went through an ice storm a few years ago, 8 days no power, looked like a war zone outside. NOW I have a gennie, dehydrated foods, pretty much what we need to weather that again.

I just looked at the radar, it looks like it will pretty much draw down by tonight or Firday morning. Maybe even some sunshine to raise the spirits. So hang in there guys, it's coming to an end. Then recovery starts.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:37 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

We understand the frustration, especially in places where there is no equipment to deal with this kind of weather. We've got probably 30-40" on the ground, the road out front is ice packed about 6" deep and the highway has been plowed, but still has a couple of inches of ice pack on it. The main highways are clear in at least one lane in each direction and are passable. It's too cold to rain, so no chance of an ice storm, so in that sense we're fortunate. We've had sand trucks regularly passing by to keep the roads safe for travel. So we're much better situated than our friends in the south.....

My question, at this point would be: How the heck does anyone escape to warmer places when all the roads through Mid-America are closed? Hmmmmm

It looks like our plans to head to south Texas are on hold, at least for a week or so.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #16
SAABDOCTOR

IT'S Just getting started here in Ct. I am ready! generator checked plenty of fuel the tractor and blower are ready and lots of adult beverages for when the job is done! stay safe everyone this one is not a joke!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #17
FullTimer

Smart man. I would brag about being outside in a T-Shirt yesterday, but I won't, that's just not right. I looked back on my weather prediction thread from the 9th, right on the money. This storm is moving pretty fast, so just hunker down, stay off the roads and wait for it to pass.

Eta, remember, even after the sun comes out, this stuff will melt and refreeze in spots, to make black ice.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:54 AM   #18
Terry W.

Well up here in Pickens we are Redneck Camping. We had a contractor come to fix a small soft spot in the kitchen floor. Well it all went Way south with mold under sub floor. With me having COPD we are not living in the Avalanche in the back yard along with the snow, sleet, freezing rain. So I think we ARE have fun now. I do have 30 amp power to it and use the house bath room as a bath house. Anybody want to join us?
Steve you wife doing OK?
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #19
antiqfreq

I just saw pictures on TV of Columbia, SC and it was filled up with snow
in the streets.

I have friends, both in North Carolina and they are all snowed in.

I live in central Georgia and I was just outside watching the heavy snowflakes
fall. Just dissolving on the ground as it is 32 here now and hopefully will warm
up above 34 which it has been for the past few days.

Lost power this morning, but a short while. Lots of ice on trees and on the roads though.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #20
Htfiremedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W. View Post
Well up here in Pickens we are Redneck Camping. We had a contractor come to fix a small soft spot in the kitchen floor. Well it all went Way south with mold under sub floor. With me having COPD we are not living in the Avalanche in the back yard along with the snow, sleet, freezing rain. So I think we ARE have fun now. I do have 30 amp power to it and use the house bath room as a bath house. Anybody want to join us?

Steve you wife doing OK?

Yes sir! All is well. No more episodes so far!! Glad to hear you all are holding out! Let me know if you guys need anything.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone