Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
jje1960

Forum use

Just wondering... Is there a way to quickly tell when signing in threads that I've posted to that have new posts? I've missed answering questions from time to time, don't like when others think I don't want to answer!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

jje1960

A couple of questions ......

1) Do you sign/log in each time you visit the site?

2) When you go to check new posts/threads, do you click on the New Posts tab at the top or the Quick Links --> Today's Posts tab?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
jje1960

Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
jje1960

A couple of questions ......

1) Do you sign/log in each time you visit the site?

2) When you go to check new posts/threads, do you click on the New Posts tab at the top or the Quick Links --> Today's Posts tab?
Hey there Festus2, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Years. Yes, I always sign in, yes, usually hit the New Posts tab. Reason I'm asking this, I use another Forum that shows new posts as well as new posts to the users posts. Not sure if this version of the bulletin software does this.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
KanTC

jje,

When you post/respond to a thread there will be *an arrow* on the envelope icon (far left, prior to thread title).
You could look for those when checking 'Today's Posts'.

You can subscribe to a specific thread (ie., those in which you have posted). I've never used this method, so I
can't explain how it works -sorry about that- but I'd think (maybe?) those 'subscribed threads' would then
(also) show when you click on 'Today's Posts'.

Just some ideas... and, hopefully someone will let us know if I'm waaay off & incorrect about the subscribed threads.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

jje1960 - Try using the Quick Links and click on Today's posts. Below that there is another option which you can click on if none of today's posts interest you but it will show that you have "read" them. The Quick Links --- Todays Posts allows you to keep track of posts that you have read (light print) and leaves those that you haven't read in bold print.
I find this way of checking posts fits my browsing habits better but may not work for you. Not sure if this method will solve your issue however. I can't think of any way of speeding up the process or viewing the posts in a different format.

As suggested above another thing to check out is the Subscribed Threads option. I'm not familiar with its usage but it may involve notification of new "stuff" by email which may not prove to be any faster.

Another avenue to explore is how you view the posts in the Display Mode option. Have a look at that to see if that might help you. There are 3 or 4 ways of how posts are displayed ....... Check the FAQ for a description of the various options.

Instead of signing in each time, why not click on the "Remember Me" box which would eliminate you having to log in for each forum visit???

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2014 to you and your family. Enjoy and travel safely.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you want, you can click on "User CP" (upper let), and thus will show you unread threads you hav subscribed to (sunpbscribed = posted/replied in)...

If you've clicked on (presumed read) them all already, you can click on "view all subscribed threads". This will show you threads you've posted in, including those you have already viewed.

Hope this helps.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
SAD
Permanent User Ban

My typing stinks! LOL
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
jje1960

Arrow....

Thanks for the arrow hint....!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Woodsrider

Many of the other forums I belong to have the default set to automatically subscribe you to threads that you post in. This forum is set to a default that makes you choose to subscribe to threads in which you post.
I still have a hard time remembering to subscribe to a thread before I hit the submit button.

Edit: I just found out how to change the default t auto subscribe without email notification.

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
Woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote