Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
jimmyriley

Wytheville Virginia KOA

I made reservations late for Memorial day weekend and now understand why the only KOA, in the entire state Virginia, had open sites. This is my 7th trip in our Trailer am disappointed with this location, as far as site size. Extremely close together. I called to verify they have fire rings on the sites and they do. Issue is, they are portable type and the size of a frying pan. I have seen no level sites on my walk around and in order to unhitch my trailer, I had to buy put 8 inches of wood under both of my front truck tires to get it level enough just to unhitch. Associates are friendly. They have fun activities for the kids. Maybe others have had better luck here.

I will perservere and make this an awesome 4 day trip. After all, Camping is a chance to get away and relax.
jimmyriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
chris199

We have stayed there but only as an overnight spot going to/from other places. Just a good spot to stop from Nashville to SE Pa.

Not a bad CG....we didn't find our sites terribly unlevel and the people are nice......but the sites are very narrow.

Not a place to camp for days IMHO.

Chris

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
crash

Thanks for the info ,We where thinking about go there but now I guess we wont.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
byrdr1

if you want a better KOA try the one in Fancy Gap, near the blue ridge parkway, well it borders it. We have stayed there many a night & two summers ago we went up there in mid July for the cooler weather and the pool, we had a great stay. We rode through the Wytheville one once.. thats about all I have to say.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote