Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
albertr

Smile Curb Weight Info?

We have an Avalanche with a dry weight of 10600 lbs and pin wt 2050 lbs. We are towing this with a 2005 Dodge Cummins Quadcab 2500HD. Dry wt to truck curb wt we have about 2500 lbs to play with to reach the 20,000 lbs total. I figure to carry max 2000 lbs and be within limits I can't seem to find the curb weights for the truck anymore. (going by memory) Anybody know where I can find curb weight (axles) for this truck? Comments appreciated. Thanks...Al
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
Jim W

Hi, If you look at my reply in this tread above you will see a link to the Dodge Body builders guide. In this guide you pick your model year and then the Ram icon. After that you need to pick what style of truck and then go on to the technical section. In there you will find either Base Weights/GCVW/Payload and or trailer tow information. This depends on what model year of Dodge you own.
Another thing, I have notice it seems that Dodge is the only one to publish this information. In an easy to read spread sheet, I wonder why?
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
albertr

Tow Vehicles

Thanks Jim....I found the info that I was looking for.
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote