Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

A couple of things to look at

Well I just did a nose to tail under trailer inspection for this upcoming season. So I have a 2013 Raptor 30 FS. This is what I have found. First the bolts that hold the generator in place had no washers on them. This caused one of the bolts to be almost in the elongated slot. So a dollar later and added some thick washers to prevent any further issues.

While I was sitting there under the front with the generator I noticed a couple of wires that ran forward under the frame. One was the power cable trailer harness, one was the power for the tongue jack and the last was for the breakaway switch. Did not like the idea of any of them run below the frame but the breakaway switch is not one that I would want under the frame since the switch is a normally open switch and having it ripped lose hitting the ground in a disconnect situation would render your breakaway system inoperative.

The trailer harness and the break away switch I moved to over the frame and no longer are they vulnerable to being rendered inop. Didn't feel like cutting and resplicing the tongue jack wire so that stayed. Moved it to where less likely to take a rock strike.

Looking over things again since I put it away in the fall did not show me any other surprises. I did tweak the gas lines a little to also keep them up and out of the way of any possibility of getting hit with any road hazards.

Checked the tires and the grease so we should be ready to roll 1st good weather break we get.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote