Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2022, 11:51 AM   #1
Chrisk7

Fuzion 419 loft conversion?

On our new 22 Fuzion 419 I'm thinking about removing the TV in the garage and opening up the loft area between the overhead cabinets in the garage. The reason I want to do that is to be able to put the kayaks nose up there and suspend them from the rear bunk when lifted all the way up.

This would give me room for the two motorcycles, and two ebikes.
Right now I have the kayaks suspended on the bottom of the loft but that limits the use of the rear bathroom door, it can either be open or shut but can't be moved when the kayaks are suspended below the loft plus the ladder storage compartment can't be opened either.
Has anyone tried this?
I would then probably close off the existing opening into the kitchen living area to seal off the garage area again.
Thoughts?
Old 04-15-2022, 11:55 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Look on the roof for holding tank vents. The pipe(s) may be in that wall. There may be wires but they can be moved.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:00 PM   #3
Chrisk7

I don't think there are any vents but I know I'll have to do something about the TV mount and wiring in there. I thought I would just relocate the TV to the outside TV area that is already set up for a TV. We don't watch too much TV so no big deal.
Old 04-15-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
jasin1

I wonder if that floor plan and model depends on that particular wall framing to achieve the engineered rigidity for the garage area walls? And the roof support as well

Tags
fuzion