Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #1
Fishsizzle

Awesome Manual

Some know we bought an older Monaco motorhome.

We were able to find an owners manual for it. It’s crazy how detailed the Manual is compared to today’s RVS

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/981172/Monaco-2002-Diplomat.html
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
dutchmensport

Today's manufacturers don't want us to know how these campers are built, assembled, attached, wiring, plumbing, electronics or anything. That way, when something goes array, it's guaranteed the owners will bring them back for repair. It's more guaranteed income for THEM.

It's like buying a $50 printer for your computer. The printer itself is only $50 and has a bunch of bells and whistles, absolutely phenomenal. But the INK to make it work cost $75 for a single color. Now, they know the color is only going to work on 50 sheets of paper. Guess what? You, the consumer, are going to go out and buy more ink. Over the lifetime of that printer, wanna guess how much money you spent on ink for that $50 printer .... probably thousands! That's what they are counting on.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:50 AM   #3
Fishsizzle

I agree. As I read through this, they actually try and help you to figure stuff out so you DON’T bring it back.

And, I finally learned years ago and only buy laser printers
Old 02-14-2021, 09:07 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Most DP motorhomes from the early 2000's up until around 2015 or so, had very detailed manuals and phenomenal factory sponsored customer support. That's still pretty much true for most of the "expensive DP's" even though most of the owners are NEVER going to even raise the hood on the front sliding rack that holds that 14KW diesel "quiet generator". People who pay $750K for a motorhome don't take off the "white gloves" (with a few exceptions)....

The REV Group Customer Support section can, for the most part, with the motorhome VIN, tell you what part you need and who currently still makes it or has it in stock, or what engineer drawing applies to a specific function on that year motorhome and most of the phone bank worker can explain exactly what you need to answer a problem. And, to a more exacting standard, they are willing to email, fax or snail mail any and all engineering drawings, blueprints and parts lists for any of their motorhomes built within the past 20-25 years.... They don't care if you're the owner, a mechanic or just "curious", if you have the VIN, they'll share information...

It's a "totally different experience" from most travel trailer manufacturers....

My only "reasonable belief" on why it's so dramatically different is because motorhomes are "motor vehicles" and fall under a different umbrella with government regulations and safety agencies... Otherwise, I'm at a loss to explain why "they" get such good technical service and "we get NADA"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:31 AM   #5
notanlines

Dutch, what drives you to buy color printers? Keeping your grandkids happy? DW and I haven’t had anything but black and white for years. Our present printer, laser, doesn’t take ink but is the long style and we haven’t put one in ever! More than two years old and still pumping out all we need. $85, and yes, wifi.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:51 AM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Most DP motorhomes from the early 2000's up until around 2015 or so, had very detailed manuals and phenomenal factory sponsored customer support. That's still pretty much true for most of the "expensive DP's" even though most of the owners are NEVER going to even raise the hood on the front sliding rack that holds that 14KW diesel "quiet generator". People who pay $750K for a motorhome don't take off the "white gloves" (with a few exceptions)....

The REV Group Customer Support section can, for the most part, with the motorhome VIN, tell you what part you need and who currently still makes it or has it in stock, or what engineer drawing applies to a specific function on that year motorhome and most of the phone bank worker can explain exactly what you need to answer a problem. And, to a more exacting standard, they are willing to email, fax or snail mail any and all engineering drawings, blueprints and parts lists for any of their motorhomes built within the past 20-25 years.... They don't care if you're the owner, a mechanic or just "curious", if you have the VIN, they'll share information...

It's a "totally different experience" from most travel trailer manufacturers....

My only "reasonable belief" on why it's so dramatically different is because motorhomes are "motor vehicles" and fall under a different umbrella with government regulations and safety agencies... Otherwise, I'm at a loss to explain why "they" get such good technical service and "we get NADA"...
Like I said in a different post I think they are reluctant to give any schematics ..plumbing or electrical..is because it’s more of a suggestion to the factory workers and if you can prove yours was not done to the schematic then they may be held responsible for problems
Old 02-14-2021, 12:19 PM   #7
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

I’ll try and post the section on GVWR and GCWR.