Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #41
Bill-2020

I didn't mean to get this thread off-topic, sorry. But some very good info here. Thanks for some of the basic reminders. There should be a boot camp available for first time owners. Years ago i had a tongue move on me about half foot after it let go of the ball when I was hand cranking the jack. I had only chocked one side so that must have been what John was talking about. Never saw myself move so fast when that tongue "lashed out" at me like it was trying to cut my legs off.

OP - you have an absolutely beautiful rig. Congratulations and many a wonderful trips to you and yours in it. Especially with the holiday's coming!
Old 11-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #42
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrdriver View Post
You can swap those batteries out for 4 lithium batteries and then you won't have to worry about venting, Plus they are a lot lighter. Just saying.............
In time I will. I am, right now, drawing up a plan for a complete Solar system. I have a system in mind, but I am comparing it to the Keystone/Jaboni set up and see what is compatible or my set up is better or not. My system consists of 6 Lithium-ion batteries at 100AH each. I'll be posting a set up I fell in love with here in a short bit. THis guy is amazing! And his set up is about $3000 cheaper than Keystone and seems to out out more power.

Thank you Cascade!!

AC
Roll Tide Roll
BeagleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #43
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
In addition, the OP "delayed the install of a $2500 generator due to costs".... Adding $4000 (typical price) or even $3000 (budget price lithium batteries) probably wouldn't be a "yeah, let's go that route to save some costs" type of decision.....
Exactly what are you implying? If I recall correctly, it was an additional $9500 charge to add on the Onan. Not that it's any of your business, we just declined it at the time.

We are learning more and more every day in this decision we have made to live out this way. Not all of us in this life and any new members from here on out, have the experience you RV Vets may have. I joined up to further my education in this lifestyle. I have learned a great deal here, including seeing the benefits of Gen operatives and Solar operatives. I found the benefits of Solar AFTER my Gen Op research. What is it to you if I find it more appealing than the Gen Set? I come across, in my research, that a guy in my similar state in life, has an alternative to Gen/Fuel mechanisms and by opting out of one and gaining knowledge about another, I am mocked for doing so? Well, excuse me for not abiding by your wisdom.
Roll Tide Roll
Old 11-15-2020, 11:27 AM   #44
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Gawd that's beautiful... and the head on picture with the slides out...!

If the slides were any wider... "Montana Heavy, you're cleared for immediate departure"

Ok, educate me on 5th wheels... I can't make out any wheel chocks. So is the landing gear ample enough to hold her steady after disconnecting the truck?
Dude, it was 6:30 the next morning after we got her home. On the back tire there is a curb where the gravel ends. The chocks went on shortly after the pics were taken.
Roll Tide Roll
Old 11-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #45
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
Exactly what are you implying? If I recall correctly, it was an additional $9500 charge to add on the Onan. Not that it's any of your business, we just declined it at the time.

We are learning more and more every day in this decision we have made to live out this way. Not all of us in this life and any new members from here on out, have the experience you RV Vets may have. I joined up to further my education in this lifestyle. I have learned a great deal here, including seeing the benefits of Gen operatives and Solar operatives. I found the benefits of Solar AFTER my Gen Op research. What is it to you if I find it more appealing than the Gen Set? I come across, in my research, that a guy in my similar state in life, has an alternative to Gen/Fuel mechanisms and by opting out of one and gaining knowledge about another, I am mocked for doing so? Well, excuse me for not abiding by your wisdom.
I wasn't "implying" anything. I was simply stating what YOU posted in a previous thread: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...nerator&page=2 (post # 12) in which you said, "At $4k plus, I'll pass. Might do that somewhere down the line, but we would be stationary for a while I work on getting my TV." Solar alternatives were not even mentioned in that thread.

I did "mis-speak" when I thought I remembered you saying $2500 for the generator you were going to pass on. It was $4000 that you chose to forego. My "mistake" there.... As you said in your post, "What difference is it to me if you find solar more appealing than a generator?" It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Your money, your choice, your trailer.... However, when someone asks for opinions, gives their reasoning for NOT buying something, then "it's not implying anything, simply regurgitating your own words"....

At any rate, enjoy your trailer, I'm finished with offering any further comments on the subject.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #46
BeagleMan

Just came off as a jab at me, is all. Still learning this game, so I will take the suggestions/offerings/opinions of better knowledgeable people than myself. including you. So, don't stop offering. I can always use it.
Roll Tide Roll
Old 11-16-2020, 07:14 AM   #47
jimborokz

I agree with comments on the side discussion regarding wheel chocks although it appears you are on a level site. I do put them down even on our permanent winter site with a level concrete pad just as a matter of habit.
I was curious though with your blocking on the rear jacks. They look like Anderson blocks but they're yellow and all the Anderson I've seen are red. Are they a similar and different brand?
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #48
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
I agree with comments on the side discussion regarding wheel chocks although it appears you are on a level site. I do put them down even on our permanent winter site with a level concrete pad just as a matter of habit.
I was curious though with your blocking on the rear jacks. They look like Anderson blocks but they're yellow and all the Anderson I've seen are red. Are they a similar and different brand?
Camco Heavy Duty Stabilizing Blacks. They give about 7 inches in height.

There is somewhat of a 2-4" drop off on that curb that separate gravel from grass. I had already had these for my previous Outback 260UML. Have 5 in all but only needed 2 for this set up. Went by the delivery driver's advice. We are on a Level gravel site.
Roll Tide Roll
Old 11-18-2020, 10:55 PM   #49
falconetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
Thank you, guys! We are so happy with it. Its beautiful and very comfortable to live in.

For the Techies, I took a shot of my 4-6v GC battery set up. Oh, how I wish I could have gotten the Onan Gen. Later down the road, we will. And the Splendide Washer/Dryer set up. Right now, I am focused on the 450. Things are looking up!

I have the Onan Generator and the Splendide washer/vented dryer. I agree these are worth getting/having. Very Nice Montana, great choice!
falconetti is offline   Reply With Quote