Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
Javi

Report on the Avalanche 313 RS

Well, it’s been three weeks since we brought the new Avalanche 313 RS home and we’ve spent a total of four nights in it so far. The Covid 19 thingy is really cramping our mojo.

We absolutely love the overall trailer, I’m really digging the (MUCH) larger basement, the ducted A/C in both the living area and the bedroom; it’s so darn quiet.

So far we haven’t had any trouble with the new style TV antenna and the Key TV, I know it seem a good many of y’all have… but nothing.

The difference in the Level UP system and the hydraulic slide system over the 3.0 Ground Control and electric slide motors is amazing. I will admit that after reading all the issues some of y’all have had with the Level Up system I was ready for the trailer to take a nose dive into the ground the first time I hit that AUTO LEVEL button; but nope… it has never done anything but extend the front jacks a good bit more than I’d have thought necessary before leveling everything out…

First time we’re at a campsite with a fully level pad I’m going to check not only the level but the pin box height because I think this trailer is a bit higher than the old 333 MKS…

The jury is still out on the fancy new steps, seems like they take a lot of adjusting to get them right and then the next site requires more. But I guess if every site was level that wouldn’t be an issue.

Another thing I can’t get enough of is not having to crawl around on the ground to reach the galley dump valve, having them all in the water center is fan**#* tastic… I love it… Now I wish that they hadn’t put that sewer hose caddy up under the front of the trailer… not going to crawl around on the ground for that either...

Truthfully, at least so far the only thing I got to gripe about is the glass thingy on the fake fireplace keeps jumping out of its bracket and falling.. so far it ain’t broke but we all know that’s gonna happen if I don’t remember to use some double sided tape on it..

Oh…. And the first thing we did was un-plug them silly Theater seats.. the pup turned them all on every time he laid his head on the arm…
Old 08-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #2
Big1

Nice and congrats, I did check the fiver out and I love it, I like where they put the washer and dryer setup at. I see that the dry weight of that is 11,520lbs man that is one heavy rig but keep up posted.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:06 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Javi,

Did you install a washer/dryer in this one? If so, how do they (it) fit in the space provided? A few members are having issues with vent clearance with the stackable pair.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:14 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Javi,

Did you install a washer/dryer in this one? If so, how do they (it) fit in the space provided? A few members are having issues with vent clearance with the stackable pair.
No, we have converted that closet into the pantry/junk closet.. i.e. we keep the DW's step ladder to reach all the tall shelves around the room in that closet..

I asked her if she wanted a washer/dryer and was going to have it installed before pickup... but no.. she said, she likes me going to the washateria
Old 08-14-2020, 06:46 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

LOL Ahhh the lengths we go to in order to keep DW's smiling, eh ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Great to hear things are going well Javi. I really like all the pull handles being accessible and handy too. Our sewer hose caddy is underneath as well and I told DW I wasn't going to deal with that. Found a wide, flat rolling plastic container at Wallyworld and all my sewer stuff goes in it; works quite well. We use another one just like it for I can't remember what. They just stack on top of each other. Is that fireplace a Furrion? Ours is and the front glass kept jumping off it. I just put 2 small dabs of silicone on each corner and it hasn't moved since. Can't see the silicone and not enough for me to worry about removing.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #7
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Great to hear things are going well Javi. I really like all the pull handles being accessible and handy too. Our sewer hose caddy is underneath as well and I told DW I wasn't going to deal with that. Found a wide, flat rolling plastic container at Wallyworld and all my sewer stuff goes in it; works quite well. We use another one just like it for I can't remember what. They just stack on top of each other. Is that fireplace a Furrion? Ours is and the front glass kept jumping off it. I just put 2 small dabs of silicone on each corner and it hasn't moved since. Can't see the silicone and not enough for me to worry about removing.
Yes it is a Furrion... The silicone is a good Idea.. I'll do that instead of the double sided tape.. Thanks for the tip