Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #21
Local150

I had a hard time find I g mine also. Crawled under rv 3 or 4 times, and then there was no valve, just a water line about flush with underbelly material, whatever you call it,, with a plug in it but no valve. So I removed the plug and screwed a valve in it.
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:49 AM   #22
W7PSK

I always keep water in my tank. There is the inevitable emergency potty break. And the biggest reason. What if you blow a water hose somewhere, or one of your group does on the road. Or you overheat and lose a lot of water.

where are you going to come up with 10 or so gallons of water suddenly.
2011 F-350 SRW Long bed Crew Cab.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #23
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by W7PSK View Post
I always keep water in my tank. There is the inevitable emergency potty break. And the biggest reason. What if you blow a water hose somewhere, or one of your group does on the road. Or you overheat and lose a lot of water.

where are you going to come up with 10 or so gallons of water suddenly.
Good point
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #24
BeckyMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
If you have that plastic stuff on the underside, it isn't inconceivable that it was installed OVER your fresh water tank drain(s). I have heard this can happen.
That's what I'm guessing too, I've seen in mentioned a couple times, might be a bit of a bump where it is supposed to come through the coraplast. I added the valve at the bottom . I had a cap originally and it was a pain to remove the cap each time. This I just turned a quarter-turn and it will drain.

Edit: Dang it.. cant figure out how to post a picture!

Becky
BeckyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:27 AM   #25
GeoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
How can I drain my fresh water tank? They filled it up during PDI and I never boondock, so I don't ever use it so its just extra weight I'm hauling around. Suppose I could run sink and dump into grey tank and dump grey tank.. Just curious.. 369 bus
Here's something to think about. Depending on the location of your water tank they may have filled for weight distribution. I never camp where I need to use water from my tank but run with it almost full. My tank is at the rear of my trailer and when full it decreases the tounge weight. Trailer tows much better with water in it. This info won't help you find the drain but may answer why they filled.
GeoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #26
shermris

Like everyone is saying there should be a capped drain under your unit near your fresh water storage tank. You probably don't want to haul around 350 or more pounds of water you don't need. When my unit was new I didn't realize the cap for the fresh water tank had been removed and the tank drained while I was driving to a campsite in a state park that offered only electrical hook ups. If you can't find the drain line it shouldn't take long to use it up while camping but it would be good to find where it drains. I like to clean my fresh water tank with a cup of bleach and a couple gallons of bleach every spring, whether I use the tank or not. If you choose to travel with water in your fresh water tank it should be kept full, or nearly empty to prevent it from sloshing around during travel.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, water