Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #21
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
Actually, what you linked to is not what is part of the system in our Fuzion with the Hapijac system. The difference, I don't have pictures at the moment, is that in sofa configuration, the base remains against the wall. When converting to the bed, the backs release, folding completely over the bases, and come to rest filling the space between them. You can motor the bed up in this configuration or pull pins which allow each half of the bed to pivot down against the wall. This frees up height for tall items at the expense of width.
I'm not in front of mine now, how does this work? I know how to make them into a bed, but didn't know they can fold up/down against the wall. Wondering if I have the same ones you do. It's the hapijack system with Lippert beds though. Pictures? Explanation?
Old 02-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #22
xrated

I understand. Forward and rear facing sofas would be terribly inconvenient, if I understand what you are saying. Did you see the pricing on the sofas though.....$900 each! WOW! They are pretty proud of them.....but convenience and usability does count for something. Good luck with that and maybe, if you have a good connection with a local dealer, you can get them at a reduced price....especially if you install them yourself.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #23
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
I'm not in front of mine now, how does this work? I know how to make them into a bed, but didn't know they can fold up/down against the wall. Wondering if I have the same ones you do. It's the hapijack system with Lippert beds though. Pictures? Explanation?
I don't have any pictures of them folded against the wall, but here is one of the sofas, lowered to the "sofa" position. To make into a bed, the sofa back folds forward over the base of the sofa and fills the area. To fold against the wall, if I remember correctly, leave them in the "bed" position and raise them back up. Then, you have to lift slightly and slide the whole section forward (towards the center of the garage area) and then you can let them down and they will be folded against the side wall. This position obviously gives you more overhead room, but also cuts down on the width of the garage area. The other way gives you more width in the garage, but lessens the overhead clearance.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #24
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
I don't have any pictures of them folded against the wall, but here is one of the sofas, lowered to the "sofa" position. To make into a bed, the sofa back folds forward over the base of the sofa and fills the area. To fold against the wall, if I remember correctly, leave them in the "bed" position and raise them back up. Then, you have to lift slightly and slide the whole section forward (towards the center of the garage area) and then you can let them down and they will be folded against the side wall. This position obviously gives you more overhead room, but also cuts down on the width of the garage area. The other way gives you more width in the garage, but lessens the overhead clearance.
Interesting, thank you. I will have to look at mine. Most of the time they are just stowed up at the ceiling unless I have company. I don't really need to have them differently, just curious, just in case. I'd have to move too much stuff I have secured along the sides anyway most likely.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #25
xrated

I just realized that I got in a hurry and forgot to post the picture.....Duh!

Old 02-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #26
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Interesting, thank you. I will have to look at mine. Most of the time they are just stowed up at the ceiling unless I have company. I don't really need to have them differently, just curious, just in case. I'd have to move too much stuff I have secured along the sides anyway most likely.
I agree, had no idea. Not sure I would ever use it, but it's good to know. I'll have to check it out when I bring her home to get ready for this Spring.

I'm actually trying to figure how to suspend my kayak against one of the garage walls. I have some hooks and a strap system for use at home. Not sure it will work but it would get it out of the way. [emoji41]

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #27
MattHelm21

Well, here are the pictures and the results of the best procedure I came up with to do this with one person. Two is probably preferable. I had thought incorrectly that it would be best to work from the bed position. This is not the case. Leave them in the sofa position in Xrated's picture with the locking handles unlocked(you can just see these in the right of the first picture). Now remove the locking pins which you can see in the lower left of the first picture. The sofa is still secure while everything is stationary. Stand inbetween the sofas facing the one you want to lower. Lift up the base about 5 to 10 degrees. This will raise the support pin(not pictured) out of its cradle and allow the base to slide away from the wall about 1/4 inch. Now carefully lower the base all the way to the wall. The sofa back may begin to pivot down but there is resistance in the rollover mechanism and it will only move until it starts to roll. Help the back to finish the rollover. Make sure the back locking handles have dropped into place. Repeat on the other side. Reinsert the locking pins and run the motor up to the top. I did not reverse the procedure. I'm leaving that for next weekend.

I didn't ask during the PDI to have this procedure shown to me. I would recommend that if you think you might use this configuration to have it demonstrated as my method may not be the preferred one. I have nothing in my documentation either from Keystone or through the Happijac website which provides this procedure. If anyone does, can you let me know where you located it? I keep electronic copies of all my manuals now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3193.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	11785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3194.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	11786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3195.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	11787  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:24 AM   #28
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
Well, here are the pictures and the results of the best procedure I came up with to do this with one person. Two is probably preferable. I had thought incorrectly that it would be best to work from the bed position. This is not the case. Leave them in the sofa position in Xrated's picture with the locking handles unlocked(you can just see these in the right of the first picture). Now remove the locking pins which you can see in the lower left of the first picture. The sofa is still secure while everything is stationary. Stand inbetween the sofas facing the one you want to lower. Lift up the base about 5 to 10 degrees. This will raise the support pin(not pictured) out of its cradle and allow the base to slide away from the wall about 1/4 inch. Now carefully lower the base all the way to the wall. The sofa back may begin to pivot down but there is resistance in the rollover mechanism and it will only move until it starts to roll. Help the back to finish the rollover. Make sure the back locking handles have dropped into place. Repeat on the other side. Reinsert the locking pins and run the motor up to the top. I did not reverse the procedure. I'm leaving that for next weekend.

I didn't ask during the PDI to have this procedure shown to me. I would recommend that if you think you might use this configuration to have it demonstrated as my method may not be the preferred one. I have nothing in my documentation either from Keystone or through the Happijac website which provides this procedure. If anyone does, can you let me know where you located it? I keep electronic copies of all my manuals now.
Hmmmm, thanks for the pictures. I don't have any "locking handles" that I've ever noticed. I need to go outside today when it warms up and take a closer look. I don't think I've ever had the sofa in the sofa position except when I picked it up, there's usually too much stuff on the floor (firewood, coolers, grill, chairs, tables, etc).

So my next question is, don't they flop around and bang against the windows/walls when you have them folded down like that?
Old 02-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #29
xrated

The mounting brackets are such that when folded down like Matt is talking about, they can't hit the wall or window behind it.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #30
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Canesfan-- to save you some time and keep you warm, think our garage seating is different from the later setups as you can see. Better start getting ready to go to the races I guess you can use your folding ladder to get up there and watch the races

Enjoy your trip!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0876.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	11788  
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #31
canesfan

Talking

Well they changed the mounting brackets quite a bit over the last couple years. I knew I didn't see any locking handle or pins or anything like that for the bottom bed. Oh well, time to buy a new one I guess.

PARaptor, yes, it's getting close to race time. Another month or so and I'll start getting ready to go. Thanks for the picture and thinking of me but I went out to visit and take this picture yesterday, 65 and sunny, today 70 and sunny. Almost time to start putting things taken out for the winter back in. I'm ready. Btw, I unfolded and folded the ladder a couple times, too, just because I can. Oh, you at least have the same table, with folding legs, as I do. Although I had to fix the legs. "Someone" let the bed down while it was stowed against the wall and bent the legs and stripped some of the screw holes.

I can see the track from the ground from where I camp, no folding ladder needed. Maybe I could see inside though if I got up on the roof. Thanks for the idea.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bed.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	11791  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:30 AM   #32
slman

So from what I understand, to get the top bunk to STAY, high up for headroom, I would use the lift, to raise both up, then PIN, the top bunk,---and the next time I LOWER the whole 2 bed set-up, the top bunk would stay PINNED in the high pinned setting?

Sorry, I took the top bunk out 5 years ago when new, and never used the top bunk.
slman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #33
AbHDToyHauler

That's how mine works. I usually carry the table for back area and the rug up on the top bed. We use the back space as our dining table area. Once we get where we are going we put bikes outside if we have them and setup rear area as living space. I love the toy hauler layout. So versatile.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed