Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Pmarx

Faucet Removal and repair

We have a brand new Passport 2890RL that the cold water valve on the bathroom sink makes a horrible squeeling noise if you turn it on low.
It sounds like a loose seat that maybe vibrating. I took the handle off to see if I could remove the valve and look at it, but I cannot figure out how it comes out. It is plastic with four tabs down inside. I thought that it would just turn a quarter of a turn and pull up, but it does not want to turn. Since it is plastic, I don't want to force something and break it. Most faucet cartridges just unscrew, but this looks different. Does anyone know how to remove these?
We are full timing right now and I don't want to take it to a dealer for a simple repair. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Pmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
f6bits

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a standard household faucet. It’ll hook up just the same and feel a whole lot better than the plastic one that came with your trailer. The only difference is that household faucets have the plunger for the drain plug, so you’ll either have a non-functional plunger or its hole in your faucet.

As an added bonus, you can also replace your kitchen faucet in the same way.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
richf28

I changed mine both over. Wife couldn't stand the plastic squeeking. Here's the pics.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...0643#post30643

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #4
f6bits

I don’t know how it was for richf28, but when I switched my kitchen from double handle (outside) to the single handle (center), my PEX tubing needed rework, as the cold water side was too short to reach the center, and the hot water side was too long.

If you’re going to switch to a single-handle faucet, make sure that your plumbing will reach that center point where the faucet is.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #5
richf28

I didn't encounter that problem hooking mine up. The worse thing I dealt with was drilling the extra hole in the bathroom sink.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
ttrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdayman View Post
I don’t know how it was for richf28, but when I switched my kitchen from double handle (outside) to the single handle (center), my PEX tubing needed rework, as the cold water side was too short to reach the center, and the hot water side was too long.

If you’re going to switch to a single-handle faucet, make sure that your plumbing will reach that center point where the faucet is.
Or buy a piece of pex and sharkbite fittings to extend it or reduce it
ttrider is offline   Reply With Quote