Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #21
Ske120

I agree with others that Line-X is great. They recommend 2 coats if you plan on using the truck as a truck (ie hauling firewood, gravel, etc). They do colour matching and can also do the rocker panels on the truck. Depends how deep you want to dive into your pockets 😉. With the incredibly light metal they are using to make trucks now the Line-X with 2 coats prevented the box of our truck from denting when we loaded firewood.
Ske120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #22
DonnieBlitz

Rhino Liner by far! I have one in my 2001 Dodge 2500 that I used as a contractor, and beat it to death and it just takes more! My 3500 Dodge dually has the same and it looks new after 130,000 miles!
DonnieBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #23
hawkswin

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcolour View Post
I've had Line-X in three trucks and highly recommend them. They take out all the bolts, then spray on the liner, then put things back. Allows you to undo things easily if needed.
I've had Rhino in my last two trucks. They did the same during install. All my research tells me they are virtually the same. Base your decision on the installer and price instead of brand.
hawkswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:31 PM   #24
cardinal96ss

Put Line-x on two vehicles, including the bed, tailgate and vehicle sides from the side trim down. We live on gravel/crushed rock roads and the coating has prevented paint chips. We had them use an additive that has kept the coating shiny, for over 14 years on the 2001 Dodge.
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #25
wildbill13

OK, something different here: I went with a BedRug in an F-150 pulling my TT.

I actually considered Line-X and Rhino, but I'm meticulous about my vehicles and rarely use the bed for dirty things, so it worked very well for me.

It is the consistency of really thick trunk carpet and mounts with velcro adhesive strips. I never removed it but you could easily. I did carry a few loads of mulch and just pressure washed it out. It was still like new after 4 years (under a tonneau cover). I think it was about $400.

The biggest downside, I always felt like a dork vacuuming my truck bed .

It's not for everyone but it was perfect for me.
-Bill
wildbill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #26
SR71 Jet Mech

My second pickup with a sprayed in bed liner. This one is 14 years old. It’s a Line X. When it’s time to upgrade to a dually for the last bigger 5er, I’ll Line X again.

Just my $.02

SR71 Jet Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:23 AM   #27
jimborokz

I had two trucks with Line-X and they were great. Bought a new truck and the dealer steared me away from factory liner in favor of local Bullet installer. He said the local has better installation quality. The result was a perfectly clean install and a durable liner. Have been happy with both brands.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:17 PM   #28
Ken / Claudia

My truck has had a line-X since new in 2001. It has faded and was noticeable at about the 10 year old mark. It was in weather 24/7. I would have never done anything to it and the fading is no big deal to me. 3 years ago a fork lift with a tile pallet split the liner with the forks dragging on the floor area. Until then loads of rock, bark, wood, timber has had no effect.
I sprayed a new liner over the old, put a mat on the floor and have a bed cover. It still gets used and now looks new again. Next truck will have or get another spray-in liner. If I buy it, it will be line-x.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:40 PM   #29
Ccrew

LineX vs Rhino is pretty much a Ford Vs Chevy thing. Where I am Rhino is the winner hands down because of the differences in prep and application of the two shops that install them. Materials are generally the same.
Ccrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed